• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Voluntary overnight survival!!!!!

I

ItDoAble

Aug 30, 2006
Loveland, CO
Voluntary survival night out?

Like sleeping with your ex-wife, seems like a good idea at the time but you'll wonder why-the-h*ll-did-I-do-that the next morning. :(

Last edited:
P
Nov 30, 2007
Utah
www.myspace.com
up the ante...Ride all day and see how you do with wet clothes. I have dry socks and gloves, two extra layers that I never use in case I spend the night. I also have a bright orange garbage bag for the wind. We have always thought of trying it just to see what we are forgetting. On another note. I opened up my first aid kit for the first time is a few years...it was kinda rusty and moldy...I think I need to pay closer attention...

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
I've done it skin'n the backcounrty where i could take the sled. you really want to do your homework when you do it the first time. I do it a couple times a year for "fun" just so i don't lose my skills. Plus it's alot easier to have the stuff you need when you have a sled to help hold extra comforts.

it will really make you rethink having to spend a night out.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Sleds carry a lot of gas. I know about the whisper lite cooking stoves. But doesn't someone make one that's compact for sleds? Seems a way to pressurize the fuel (hang gas can in tree, with a long pastic tube) and a little stainless nozzle. You could run it for 24 hours on 2 gallons of gas. That'd keep a fire going. Might have to work on something like that, sounds like a Science project.

A
Aug 7, 2009
Berthoud Colorado
I have done this before. Except on a kinda larger scale. We had to go through survival training in the Air Force in case your air craft was shot down. HUH humbling try down right scary. It is life or death in some situations. I live in Colorado now. I wish I was closer to washington though. I know a few tricks, to help out. If you ever wanna hear them let me know.
thanks Jeff

Premium Features