• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vertical Edge VS Vertical Escape

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
In 03 there was a big difference. The 03 escape was the 1st on only poo that year with the electronic reverse. That also means the team secondary clutch. Now, most 03 edges have had that upgrade added to them. 15-20lbs wieght difference most coming from crome moly suspension parts, lighter/stronger. The escape also had a boss seat that looked like a stocker and the t-top steering post that allows a more rider forward postion than the standard edge. 04 and 05, the crome moly parts went to all of the rmks so there was not as big of difference and they all had the electronic reverse and team clutch.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
There was tons of little stuff that often go un-noticed. There used to be a post by F.L.I.T. (RIP my friend) that covered nearly everything, I'll see if I can find it.
The post I was looking for must have been on the old forum, forever gone now I'd guess. The stuff I can remember:
Lightweight front fixed width T-arms (chromo)
Lightweight arms in rear skid (chromo)
Lightweight BOSS inspired seat (taller than an Edge seat)
Lightweight T-top steering post (shorter than Edge, with a riser block)
Lightweight bogies
Lightweight jackshaft
Phantom chaincase
PERC reverse
DET
159" Series IV track
Different shocks (most got Ryde FX, some got Fox- Ryde FX are the nicer setup)
Leather handlebar cover
Leather cover over a clear tank
One off color scheme (black/red/chrome)

Premium Features