• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Van drip pan ideas

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
First year using van for transpo One of the challenges I’m forecasting is the import of 50Lbs of snow and ice clinging to my bike that then melts inside my van. I need some sort of drip pan that drains. Anyone have slick ideas?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
No idea either. I park my van on an incline and to to the right rear. That way I just have one corner to perform rust repair in the future. Lemme know if you come up wth something.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
No idea either. I park my van on an incline and to to the right rear. That way I just have one corner to perform rust repair in the future. Lemme know if you come up wth something.
So on mine I put a small hole at the back corner... but on mine I have a wall then the back portion of the van is lined with rhino liner... now if it rains hard moisture gets in a bit but I made it to where I could power wash it with worrying ...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
something like a drip tray or spill containment tray would work good too. if you really wanted to get fancy throw one end on a 2x4 so its angled and epoxy a little 1" nipple and ball valve at the end as a drain, maybe even with a hose on the ball valve to drain right outside.

S
Dec 14, 2009
Idaho
I installed ribbed vinyl garage flooring which contains water side to side and tucked a 1X2 board under the mat in the front to make a dam so water will only run out the back.

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
Ribbed flooring with a raised front sounds best so far. I don’t think a kiddie pool would work well or at least not long, and truck bed liner is a neat idea but my Snowbike is 10’ long and I’ve never seen one longer than 8’. Of course parking van on incline would be helpful except when leaving the snow park, it’s all downhill for quite a ways so that’s when I’m guessing stuff gets wet. If whatever it is has a lip on 3 sides and the back edge tucks down along the door edge then I can imagine it draining pretty well.
thanks!

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Just have a drip pan made out of galvanized steel or aluminium, a bit more expensive. We have them made all the time for washing down aircraft engines after maintenance. any side you want. You may want to look into having a drain line -- 50 pounds of snow makes a bunch of water the will slosh around happily when you are on the brakes or gas.

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
Just have a drip pan made out of galvanized steel or aluminium, a bit more expensive. We have them made all the time for washing down aircraft engines after maintenance. any side you want. You may want to look into having a drain line -- 50 pounds of snow makes a bunch of water the will slosh around happily when you are on the brakes or gas.
I’d rather just go to the Snowbike aisle at Home Depot and buy the drip pan they offer for them for 54.99$. Oh wait, I was daydreaming. Sorry. Yeah I can weld up a fancy pan out of aluminum but I’m too lazy that’s the problem.

Premium Features