• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Uh oh!!

R
Nov 9, 2008
SE IDAHO
I pulled the mag housing off my motor about a month ago so I could change \ it out for a mag housing that has a better water pump shaft than what was on there. So today, before I start to re-assemble everything, I notice the motor won't turn over at all... WTF?? I have my clutch off right now other wise I would have tried breaking it free with a big freakin' bar. I decided I would assemble everything up to the starter pulley and try prying on that. Wouldn't move!! I don't know how this happened, after I took everything apart about a month ago I covered up the exposed mag bearing and stuffed a plastic bag in the y-pipe and then covered everything under the hood with a tarp. It is outside by the way. The only thing I did to it between then and now was remove one of those plugs on the front of the crank case and then put it back in for no good reason (what are those anyway?) At the end of last season I fogged the piss out of the motor with some kawa-chem fogging oil and the motor rolled freely up until whenever the rust set in. Any ideas? Do I need to tear it down? This ****ing blows... I was gonna go ridin' in a day or two...

R
Nov 9, 2008
SE IDAHO
I was able to free it up today and it seems the culprit may be ice. As it started to break free it sounded like the way ice sounds when it crunches. I know this is bad for bearings and the motor in general, but do you think it'll be alright? I'm not sure exactly how water made its way into the motor unless the gas had some in it from setting all summer, but I thought I shut the fuel valve off when I put it away last season...:confused: I'm gonna go take the carbs off and see if theres any water (ICE) in 'em.

K

kevsled59

Dec 13, 2007
Sometimes its the fogging oil.

I had a similar thing happen to one my sleds in the past and we think it was bad fogging oil.

Premium Features