• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo axys piston change interval

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Don't care what brand this is funny for sureScreenshot_20191112-193945_Messages.jpg

Finding the block user for Timbre is the cure for Snowest AIDS!

Last edited:

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
stock pistons, reeds, I'm around 1400 miles. boosted since 400. As long as compression, etc, still checks out, I plan on running them till 2000-2500 miles.
I have personally seen my buddies 14 pro 800 silber over 2300 miles, stock pistons, reeds. Seems like they last longer then what the INTERNET tells us they do!

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
As in my post from last year- All checked out for me on my 16 Axys, even with a full leak down- but at 2K boosted miles on the clock -It was worth pulling it down mid summer.. to cure the wonder I had rattling around in my head.
She would have ran fine but the gouge in the wrist pin ( lucky find) and no check except a tear down would have caught that, and no explanation where it even came from, was a diamond in the rough.. still worth a tear down IMHO if you even have a concern. I put almost 1,000 miles on last year and she has not lost a beat..The 15 pro pistons were a favor from TRS-as that was the year of solid pistons from Polaris... Just hiding and waiting now.till the 2022's come out..... no reason to change for what is offered.

A
Dec 23, 2018
I did 3500 boosted miles removed stock pistons and measured and were still in stock. Went to 6500 on second set and was still going.
This was a MTNTK setup. MTNTK with injector relocate or BD with secondary injectors or other kits with secondary will get more miles then say a Silber with a flash with injectors in stock location.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I did 3500 boosted miles removed stock pistons and measured and were still in stock. Went to 6500 on second set and was still going.
This was a MTNTK setup. MTNTK with injector relocate or BD with secondary injectors or other kits with secondary will get more miles then say a Silber with a flash with injectors in stock location.

any specific reason why?

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
my mtntk axys and my neighbors sibler axys both 2017’s both lost compression at 1300miles. anyone else having cylinders/pistons go out of spec early?

A
Dec 23, 2018
any specific reason why?

Yes MTNTK relocates the fuel injectors and secondary injectors are in the charge box.
Stock injectors are in the cylinders so you don’t get the fuel for lubrication that you do with MTNTk or secondary injectors.
Think of the path of the fuel in stock location vs secondary injectors.

MTNTK new kit is using stock location I assume because some had starting issues with the old setup cold so hard to say I’d the kit will be as good as the old 800 for reliability my guess is no.

A
Dec 23, 2018
my mtntk axys and my neighbors sibler axys both 2017’s both lost compression at 1300miles. anyone else having cylinders/pistons go out of spec early?

Did you measure pistons, cylinders, what oil and fuel ?
How much compression did it loose and were they ever over heated or any detonation ?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Yes MTNTK relocates the fuel injectors and secondary injectors are in the charge box.
Stock injectors are in the cylinders so you don’t get the fuel for lubrication that you do with MTNTk or secondary injectors.
Think of the path of the fuel in stock location vs secondary injectors.

MTNTK new kit is using stock location I assume because some had starting issues with the old setup cold so hard to say I’d the kit will be as good as the old 800 for reliability my guess is no.

Fuel for lubrication.

Cool.

Does silber pushing injector oil through the dead end system so the entire intake tract is coated in oil not lubricate the entire engine? (In addition to all the Normal ports at a higher rate due to the reflash)

Asking for a friend.

A
Dec 23, 2018
Fuel for lubrication.

Cool.

Does silber pushing injector oil through the dead end system so the entire intake tract is coated in oil not lubricate the entire engine? (In addition to all the Normal ports at a higher rate due to the reflash)

Asking for a friend.
Fuel for lubrication.

Cool.

Asking for a friend.

Extra oil from ecu being turned up does help. Fuel also socks away heat. Most all
Of them will have some extra oil from the turbo. It’s hard to say how much puddles up vs makes it into the engine at a time but definitely doesn’t help as much as the extra fuel in my personal experience.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Did you measure pistons, cylinders, what oil and fuel ?
How much compression did it loose and were they ever over heated or any detonation ?
measured cylinders and they were good, pistons, had some wear, nothing detrimental didn’t measure those tho as at the time i was just concerned about cylinders. ran premium from good known source and Polaris ves . no over heat, no deto comp was down to 100pto 105 mag. neighbors sled did have out of round cylinders, flaking nicasil

Premium Features