• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tudizzle's bolt by bolt install Video of a Silber Turbo on a 2018 Ski Doo 850

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
You obviously know nothing about turbos. That is fine and dandy you have 5 friends that have turbos. This video shows absolutely nothing about how well it runs for a turbo. Turbos work by loading a motor. The video doesn't load the motor at all. And what does this have to do with someone being a pro and not a pro? I was just telling where you can find clips of a turbo that is running good. It takes zero skills to get on a turbo sled and pin it. If the sled is tuned and runs good, the sled will pull like a raped ape and it would be 100% apparent in any GoPro footage whether it be a 7 year old kid or Chris Burandt. This sled does nothing like this whatsoever in the clip. There are a lot of turbo makers/sellers that post garbage stuff saying how well their stuff runs and how well the throttle response is. I am definitly not accusing WheelHouse of this, however I am just bringing up the fact this video shows nothing of substance to people who don't know turbos. I feel bad for how many people go out and spend there last bit of money turboing a sled then it runs like junk and their season is ruined and their $5000-$7000 is wasted. JJ_0909 I suggest you go look elsewhere for your participation trophy

Nowhere did anyone say this was all time riding or that this was a pro. It is November 17th! Most years we are lucky to ride on a road at this point, let alone any sort of mountain riding.

Nobody claimed this sled was setup perfectly either, and as always you gotta be Burandt good to make GoPro footage look interesting.

This was just some fun early season meadow skipping with a clean running turbo sled. Something to show "yeah, the ECU reflash works and hot-dang there is some snow on the ground! High Five!"

If you are looking for a pro level rider in the craziest of terrain, just wait, its coming, but for now these little clips are fun to keep the stoke high!

I'm sure there is an extra 10-15% to be eeked out of this particular sled in clutching and gearing alone. I'm also sure the rider is probably getting a feel for his new beast.

If you want to objectively show me where I'm wrong, go ahead, I'm all ears. But again the "armchair GoPro dynoing" is super lame and casts some unnecessary shade that does nobody any good...

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I feel bad for how many people go out and spend there last bit of money turboing a sled then it runs like junk and their season is ruined and their $5000-$7000 is wasted.

People are still paying 5-7k for kits?!?! OUCH! lol.

I have some more footage from the customers go-pro I will try to cut it together and show it working before the snow settled out as much. I originally didn't use it because the light is pretty low and its sorta hard to see whats happening.

My biggest point of showing this is that 99% of turbo sleds RIP wot throttle pointed up a hill. Thats the easy part. Making a sled that a guy can enjoy poking around in the woods and not straight line climbing has always been the challange. If you have had a doo turbo in the past im sure you can appreciate how much cleaner and smoother the bottom end on this sled is compared to anything in the 800 etec realm.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
You obviously know nothing about turbos. That is fine and dandy you have 5 friends that have turbos. This video shows absolutely nothing about how well it runs for a turbo. Turbos work by loading a motor. The video doesn't load the motor at all. And what does this have to do with someone being a pro and not a pro? I was just telling where you can find clips of a turbo that is running good. It takes zero skills to get on a turbo sled and pin it. If the sled is tuned and runs good, the sled will pull like a raped ape and it would be 100% apparent in any GoPro footage whether it be a 7 year old kid or Chris Burandt. This sled does nothing like this whatsoever in the clip. There are a lot of turbo makers/sellers that post garbage stuff saying how well their stuff runs and how well the throttle response is. I am definitly not accusing WheelHouse of this, however I am just bringing up the fact this video shows nothing of substance to people who don't know turbos. I feel bad for how many people go out and spend there last bit of money turboing a sled then it runs like junk and their season is ruined and their $5000-$7000 is wasted. JJ_0909 I suggest you go look elsewhere for your participation trophy[/]

Would you like a hug? Seriously, deep breath. This is all for fun man!

This isn't for you, that's cool. No big deal. I guess I just wish I had such a masterful ear to be able to so fully deduct such incredible amounts of detail from a sled's performance with so little information.

Again, I don't think this video was intended to showcase everything this setup was capable of, and if you are suggesting otherwise, well sorry? November 17th! I think its cool people are sharing footage and really appreciate the poster doing so!

I could spend a lot more time defending myself here, or trying to make you look silly, but whats the point? Life is too short.

Now what is this you are saying about a trophy?! (that was a joke)

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Ride Whistler put up a video today of his new Silber turbo on Facebook!
Check it out,sounded like something I would like to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Deeeeese one???

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fridewhistleradventures%2Fvideos%2F546692178843500%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Man.... Don't loose that right-sidehill after the climb!!.... EH??

71CB9kShilL._SL1500_.jpg

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Not that one. That an old video of his TSS turbo

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fridewhistleradventures%2Fvideos%2F546692178843500%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Jblaze74

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2011
Reno/North Tahoe
looks like they inserted the hair pin for chain tension into the bolt in the video.... ski doo says to put it further back on the bolt? any input?

picture.php

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Little info no one wants to see ..

Sounds like a mid range lean spot on a few 18s

In case someone stumbles on this thread

The problem wasn't in the map, persay, it was in the programming and the way the 18 ECU had a few alternate maps it would switch to depending on a number of operating conditions. When it would switch to one of these lesser utilized tables, it would basically come "out" of turbo map and the sled wouldn't run properly.

The problem is fixed. Letter going to everyone who *might* have been effected shortly.

Tahoe54

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
In case someone stumbles on this thread

The problem wasn't in the map, persay, it was in the programming and the way the 18 ECU had a few alternate maps it would switch to depending on a number of operating conditions. When it would switch to one of these lesser utilized tables, it would basically come "out" of turbo map and the sled wouldn't run properly.

The problem is fixed. Letter going to everyone who *might* have been effected shortly.

It seems like piggyback control units would not have this issue, wonder if it's true.

Premium Features