• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

trygstad etec porting review.

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
This fall I sent my cylinders off my 11 800 etec for a little of Dave'a magic. I would have went an 872 but Dave said he couldn't make enough power out of the 11 etec to make it worth the money so I went with the porting, head cut and coolant manifold. So far I have 150 miles on this package and I'm really impressed. I have a little more tuning to do but this package flat out works. Yesterday I had a chance to compare with a 872r 154 and a stock 163 xm and I was very impressed with how it stacked up. Yesterday we were lucky to hit a nice 2-3 feet of fresh. This amount of snow put the 154 872 at a bit of a disadvantage. My sled could usually eek out a high mark on the 872 in the fresh. In a track you could see the 872 would make more speed up the hill. Track length was the difference there. If the 872 was running a 163 I'm pretty sure I would have got spanked. Comparing to a stock xm my sled would out climb it and make better ground speed up the hill. Pretty pumped how I stacked up with those 2 sleds. I really can't wait until I have the clutching dialed in. I was pulling down on some climbs and it was causing me to loose some track speed. Once the clutching is spot on this thing is going to be a beast! Thanks Dave!

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
The 11 has a different ecm from the newer etecs and Dave said he couldn't make the type of power with my 11 that he could with the newer etecs. He said for the 11 the porting and head cut was the best bang for your buck.

Premium Features