• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Triton 2 Place Covered VS. Mission 2 Place Covered

rp2000r

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2011
Bothell, WA
Looking at the Hybrid Triton TC128 vs a Mission 12' Crossover enclosed trailer.
The Triton has quad flooring and alum wheels.

How are the build quality of the 2 trailers and is it worth $1500-2000 more for the Triton in the long run?

Thanks for any input!
Tired of salt thrashed sleds and frozen covers!

I own a 2016 Polaris enclosed trailer, made by Mission. The little 12' enclosed ones, small man door on the side, small front access door, and rear ramp door. It has been used for 1 sledding season (bi-weekly to weekly, 350 km per trip), on the most terrible roads you can imagine. Very bumpy roads, all gravel and huge flying rocks, mud, dirt, etc, hauling my kids fan cooled sleds and a tonne of gear, or up to 174" mountain sleds with some gear.

Surprisingly, no issues with it so far, because it is a light little trailer. One potential concern is the roof flex's a lot, poor supporting frame work at the rear of the roof in the center. I have not added any structural metal to this, but I might. I am sure if your roof had 4" ice on it, bouncing down a bad road could lead to issues. But I keep mine inside the heated shop, so that is not an issue. Check out the Triton for that issue.

We wash it every time when returning from a trip and then park it inside to dry out, and it is not as water proof as I would have hoped, vents leak, door seals a bit too, so we keep all our gear in boxes. Dust has been very little to none, so happy with that.

Otherwise I extended the hitch so I can fully jack knife to load/unload my sleds on/off the truck deck (we haul 4 sleds weekly), I fully Scorpion coated the front to help minimize the rock damage, put a spare tire holder underneath, Superclamp's for the ski's, added full set of Superglide's to help guide the ski's in the trailer and to add traction on the steep rear door, and added multiple tie down points inside for anything. I might add plywood to the walls to keep dents and dings from occurring.

No regret's in my purchase so far, other than I wish I could have ordered a Tandem spring axle setup so it would handle the bumps better.

Good luck with your purchase!

Premium Features