• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

track ?????

thesledhead

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado Springs CO
Will a newer Polaris 155 track swap to a 03 vert escape? I have a buddy that wants my 151 and I was thinking of stepping up a size but I don't want to buy new drivers and other parts. I think the lugs are taller as well, will they clear??? :beer;

xring60

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2008
Mountains
The drivers are definitely different! There is no way his drivers will work on your sled as the driveshafts are totally different. The track would be very close on clearing the front heat exchanger using a 8 tooth driver, it will definitely clear using a 7 tooth. Avid products can get you hooked up with the right drivers.

thesledhead

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado Springs CO
The drivers are definitely different! There is no way his drivers will work on your sled as the driveshafts are totally different. The track would be very close on clearing the front heat exchanger using a 8 tooth driver, it will definitely clear using a 7 tooth. Avid products can get you hooked up with the right drivers.

K

koschak

Jan 16, 2008
Northern Minnesota
Just because the drivers are different because of the different drive shaft does not mean the track will not work. What size lug is the 151? Find out what pitch track each of you are running and if it is the same it will work for him as long as the lugs clear in his tunnel. Also, most guys recommend staying away from 7 tooth drivers because it creates a steeper attack angle with a sharper radius. The tight radius robs horsepower as it is harder to spin the track.

xring60

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2008
Mountains
The dragon 155 track is a 2.82 pitch and as long as his is stock he has 2.52" pitch.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
The bigger lug will be really really close also it probably will hit . Correct u have 2.52 and new track is wrong pitch. I would go to the 159-15-2 camo great track for that sled btw

S
Dec 28, 2008
Sorry to reply to this with a question, but I can't figure out how to post a new thread. I have a 156 track from a 2002 Vertical Edge RMK 800 and need to get rid of it. Not sure what it's worth. Can anyone help? I also have the hood, a seat and I'm not sure what the hardware that holds the track is called, but I need to get rid of that as well. Name, price. Everything is in good condition. All from a sled w/ a bent tunnel. Everything else is ok.

Premium Features