• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track fitment

T
Jan 6, 2021
What is the tallest lug track i can put under this. Looking to put a 162 or 174 challenger extreme 3” under it with iceage rails. How far would i have to gear it down to make it pull a 174x3”? Would it climb with the newer sleds? How is downhill braking in various snow conditions? What drivers should i run?

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Don't use the Attack 20, ran them back in the day, Hillclimb position was good for our snow but braking was scary, Powder position stopped good but on hard setup snow wouldn't even dig in. Loved going backwards down a hill at full throttle if you lost forward momentum. As far as fitting a 3 inch track you may need to go with smaller 7 tooth drivers to clear the tunnel as the old machines had short chaincases. A 3 inch would work great and with 7T drivers I think the standard gearing would be fine.

T
Jan 6, 2021
Good to know. Cant decide if i want to put a longer track and stuff on this sled or go buy a used XM doo. I like the way this runs and rides, but im always “that guy” when i go ride with my buddies on turbo axys’s n stuff.

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
in the shadow of the Rubies, Nevada
Im in on this convo... how does a 2.25 look underneath? The track I have is actually listed for M-series and King Cat (3.0 pitch). So im also looking at 2.25 fitment on lugs as well as drivers? Is there a clearance difference between King Cats and Mtn Cats? I didnt think there was. So that being said, can King drivers swap to a Mtn Cat for the 3.0 pitch? Was looking into Avid, but this is looking like it would work?

007.JPG

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
2.25 was stock lug height on the King Cats. 2.5 fits in easily in place of it. King Cats had 3.0 pitch on drivers where Mountain Cat had 2.52. Same chassis and chaincase position.

triedit

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
sheridan wy
If I remember right the 2003 and 2004 had 10 tooth drivers so put an 8 tooth drivers and a 3 inch track will fit you probably won’t out do the newer sled especially turbos but can at least be in the game

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
in the shadow of the Rubies, Nevada
Heres my specifics... have a 03.5 Mtn cat chassis 159. Already got 162" rails and a 162x2.25x3.0 track. I hadnt realized the King was a 3.0 until recently. So, I should be able to just swap a King Cat axle/ drivers into the Mtn Cat and be done with it right?

Premium Features