• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

? to do with 08 800??

S
Nov 26, 2007
Washington State
Sorry for beating a dead horse but.....I have been researching but cannot find much in the threads.

08 800 been running fine but........I have the mid range bog (farely severe) and on several occasions it would not pull over (let me describe). I get to the hill and the dang pull cord would barely move. I had to remove spark plugs and pull/cycle it numerous times before it would eventually start. It would run fine after that, actually runs very well in my opinion. Any news from Polaris that I may have missed? Any suggestions? I guess I should just take it to the shop and have them take a look but have not heard much good about the 09 parts up-date. Ride 2500-6500'....Baker mostly. Any good word on programmers? Only have warranty until Jan 4th 2010 (just get started riding then) so want to get something figured out before then. Is there any hope?

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Sorry for beating a dead horse but.....I have been researching but cannot find much in the threads.

08 800 been running fine but........I have the mid range bog (farely severe) and on several occasions it would not pull over (let me describe). I get to the hill and the dang pull cord would barely move. I had to remove spark plugs and pull/cycle it numerous times before it would eventually start. It would run fine after that, actually runs very well in my opinion. Any news from Polaris that I may have missed? Any suggestions? I guess I should just take it to the shop and have them take a look but have not heard much good about the 09 parts up-date. Ride 2500-6500'....Baker mostly. Any good word on programmers? Only have warranty until Jan 4th 2010 (just get started riding then) so want to get something figured out before then. Is there any hope?

take it in..have the dealer check for scored pistons..tell them before you will pick it up you want them to manually check with a quality multi-meter the tps setting, the EGT probe readings (do not check the TPS with digital wrench because it is not accurate enough) and have the fuel filter replaced(you will have to pay for the filter but they need to be changed every season) when you get the sled back warm it up to at least 100 degrees before riding it every time(gives the pistons time to swell to running size)..and if you have the money do a pc-3(dont take it to the dealer with it or they can void your warranty)My dealer finally set my tps with a multi meter after 4 times of checking with digital wrench and my sled has done fine since.....(and it was off with a multimeter and on with digital wrench)...from what I have heard from pretty good sources is the fix will come...

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
I get to the hill and the dang pull cord would barely move. I had to remove spark plugs and pull/cycle it numerous times before it would eventually start.

That is exactly what a squeaked piston will do. You are melting the piston and it is causing it to stick to the cylinder wall. If you free it up it seemingly runs fine but the damage is done. Take it in.

Premium Features