• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled Intake Kit

J

jcwatty

Mar 10, 2009
Richland,WA
My advice is save your money, IMO. The $250 might not be that big of a deal to part with but the dollars your gonna spend for new shinny cylinders and pistons when you suck something through those filters might be. You can go with a better filter like K&N or use outerwear’s but your still going to suck moisture and hot air. I'd go with SLP's intake which uses your factory air box and sucks cold air. This is my opinion from personal experience.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Run a modified '07 airbox with SLP intake. Will not run pods after seeing firsthand the temp differences and jetting spread with my sled versus one with the intake. And I was oh so close to ordering a Timber or like intake for the XP last fall.

G
Feb 15, 2009
Spend the Cash, It's well worth it. But use a pre filter and run a clutch side vents so your not sucking hot air. I ran them on my stock 800 and not use them on my RKT 827 and it rips. If you still can't justify the funds, then an 07 airbox is your second best bet.

V

Vailguy

Apr 24, 2008
Foothills
my vote, slp and 07. (just don't stick you knee through the kit)
saw a pretty cheap 07 airbox on ebay this week. ~$40ish

C

clutch man

Sep 8, 2009
La pine Oregon
timber sled intake

I have installed many of them and they flat work and work good. most Ski-doo's they work so good you have to go 2 jet sizes bigger on the main jets (that much more air)
GET IT WORTH EVERY PENNY :face-icon-small-hap

So, I'm thinking about going with a timbersled intake kit. Have or are any of you ladies running this set-up or know anything about it?

HEre is the link to the kit.. http://www.wps-inc.com/wps/WICATALO...135++++++&SISID=A585&PRVPAGE=460&PAGEGO=Page#

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Build your own for less than $70 including prefilters. It's 2 pod filters and Outerwears from Dennis Kirk and a piece of bent aluminum. Personally, I wouldn't run pods if the kit was free.

T
Feb 24, 2008
Kalispell, Montana
I have the kit on my 04. IT DOES run better, (I havent ran it without outerwears on the the filters) but the outerwears get dirty really fast, and that makes me a little nervous. I will probably be doing something different this year. If you really want to try it, pm me and Ill make ya a screamin deal on mine:face-icon-small-coo

V

Vailguy

Apr 24, 2008
Foothills
care to elaberate?

google RKT 07 airbox site:dootalk.com. The 07 was redesigned for better flow, I personally have not run old vs. new just recalling what I have read in the past.

hey just been lurking, i have a possible 07 air box, is there any mods you have to do before putting it on a 05

Yep, make sure you tape up the internal holes prior to installing. Don't want that belt dust getting in the engine. Take it easy and check your wash, most likely will have to jet up (based on what I have read).

Premium Features