• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

thinking about getting an axys, what parts transfer

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
im thinking about getting a new axys with the good financing they cam out with. sooo ive got some questions, first, 155 or 163? coming off a pro with 156 x3.

second, what parts will swap over? will my 36" alt impact a arms swap? i think the front float evols will, but my rear ones will not due to longer rear shock on axys. what about the seats? i love my wrp low seat. and last if i get a 155 should i swap over my x3?

im thinking i would try to buy it with a slp pipe and see if they will warrenty it

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Seat should work according to the wrp website. The bar hoop is the only thing that has changed.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
155 or 163?

That's a loaded question. A lot like asking what car should I buy.

What do you like to ride? Where? What is your weight/size? What is your experience?

There's not a huge difference between those, but there is a reason Poo offers both. Bigger guys often go with the 163 for more flotation, guys who ride in the trees and tight areas stay light and short. Highmarkers often take a longer track.

For me the best all around is still the 155". The Axys seems to have more of a tendency to lift (must be that instantaneous lift!) on steep hill climbs raising the front. A 163" might help that a little. But the Axys is a billy goat in 155" form!

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
That's a loaded question. A lot like asking what car should I buy.

What do you like to ride? Where? What is your weight/size? What is your experience?

There's not a huge difference between those, but there is a reason Poo offers both. Bigger guys often go with the 163 for more flotation, guys who ride in the trees and tight areas stay light and short. Highmarkers often take a longer track.

For me the best all around is still the 155". The Axys seems to have more of a tendency to lift (must be that instantaneous lift!) on steep hill climbs raising the front. A 163" might help that a little. But the Axys is a billy goat in 155" form!
Ya i figured thats the answer id get. Ive only had a 153 and 155 sleds. Ill probably go 155 as in always looking for jumps. I never do climbs really. Its all tree riding

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Ya i figured thats the answer id get. Ive only had a 153 and 155 sleds. Ill probably go 155 as in always looking for jumps. I never do climbs really. Its all tree riding

With my 15 I tried a 163 always rode 155 sleds and I absolutely loved my 163 I ordered my axys in 163" and love it. I feel like it's just as nimble as my 155 was. I typically ride steep trees I'm not big into hill climbing.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Chris, you are comparing a 155 pro to a 163 axys with a turbo. I am assuming. When I jump back and forth between my 155 axys and my wife's 163 axys, there is a difference. My wife's feels heavier. I even had a buddy ride them to see if I was crazy and he thought the same thing. My 155 was more lively and fun. Might be able to setup the suspension to equal it out. I don't know. I do know there is a difference. It is a matter of what you are willing to live with to gain something else you might want. Give and take.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Chris, you are comparing a 155 pro to a 163 axys with a turbo. I am assuming. When I jump back and forth between my 155 axys and my wife's 163 axys, there is a difference. My wife's feels heavier. I even had a buddy ride them to see if I was crazy and he thought the same thing. My 155 was more lively and fun. Might be able to setup the suspension to equal it out. I don't know. I do know there is a difference. It is a matter of what you are willing to live with to gain something else you might want. Give and take.

Yes but even comparing my 155 pro to my 163 pro I had last year I didn't notice much of a difference between the two granted I haven't rode 155 163 back to back. Maybe I need to try the 155 axys when I get a chance! This chassis so nimble I think anyone would be happy with either.

reed4rmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Clackamas, OR
Haven't heard anyone say anything bad about the Axys. Course they are new. I found a 16 Snow check, 163 with the interactive gauge. About $13,200. Is that a good price? Thanks,

reed4rmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Clackamas, OR
Haven't heard anyone say bad things about the Axys, that's refreshing. I found a Snowcheck 163 with the GPS Gauge for $13,200.00. Is that a good price?

Premium Features