• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The New 2015 Ski Doo Summit X T3

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
Only thing that scares me is that they are reducing cooling capacity to save weight. Same thing Poo did and now they have a sled that overheats easily on the trail.

Last edited:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
We have reduced the heat exchanger, not eliminated it and it still cools the same, we have been testing this 174 for over two years as a project. Mister Carl Kuster has had the idea for a long time with this sled, it will cool and be cool!:amen:

S

Sledsniper

Nov 26, 2007
Eastern Montana
Dam you Dave Norona!!!
I can't afford a new sled!!
Why do you have to make it look so good????
How about one thing you hate about it ???
Just 1???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Dam you Dave Norona!!!
I can't afford a new sled!!
Why do you have to make it look so good????
How about one thing you hate about it ???
Just 1???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha Ha, sorry...well one thing, I wish it came with e-start! The head engineer said over his dead body though...they took 16.1 pounds out of this sled from last year to make up for all the bigger, longer parts, he said there is no way they are adding it back in for e-start...I don't hate that but I wish it was in it...

T

Trixter99

Jan 24, 2012
Way up over here
The head engineer needs to get over his ego and listen to the customer. I'm going to order this sled any way but it would be nice if I could get e-start factory installed.Is the e-start part of the 16 ish pounds they took out? If not what is the difference if the customer wants to add the weight on as there own decision?

Last edited:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
The head engineer needs to get over his ego and listen to the customer. I'm going to order this sled any way but it would be nice if I could get e-start factory installed.Is the e-start part of the 16 ish pounds they took out? If not what is the difference if the customer wants to add the weight on as there own decision?

Seriously? Your reading too much into my statements. This is not about ego, most people complain about weight, hence they did listen to the customer, customers also wanted a 3 inch again they listened, customer wants sled to be lighter, again it is lighter. The e-start has been an option on summit, so it is never included in the weight of the sled, and it is not on the T3. In the past you get to choose to put it in your sled and and you still do but the T3 is and upgrade package, it does not include an option for e-start. Your dealer will instal it. It may not be your first choice but if you want it you can have it, that is what I will do. Hardly lame. If you could not put it in, well that might be lame:face-icon-small-win

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Whats with the demand for e start ???? Todays sleds start better than ever and e start is just another 25 lbs and a battery to replace every year. Unless you are injured , old or female there is no reason to have it. And if you are any of those you likely dont need the t-3.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Whats with the demand for e start ???? Todays sleds start better than ever and e start is just another 25 lbs and a battery to replace every year. Unless you are injured , old or female there is no reason to have it. And if you are any of those you likely dont need the t-3.

It has nothing to do with need. It has to do with want. Most don't need a 174 but they want it. Some don't need a turbo but want one. Same with the 3 inch track. I was one that spent a $100 a pound to take weight off but I put electric start on with a lightweight battery. The e techs start easy but not as easy pushing a button. We rolled a buddies pro over and i watched him fight to get where he could pull it. It was deep snow with an oddball angle on a really steep slope. I just reached over and hit the button and said "it sucks to be you." When you figure out how many times that happens in a days time It is flat out nice. I will guarranty, on an xm, you won't notice the extra weight. On a pro you might because I could notice turbo weight vs. stock. I will also guarranty you will not go more places because i have e start and you don't. As far as the engineer saying there is no way because they are not adding the weight they took off back, that is stupid. If you bought a pro with e start you know it is going to weight more than 417 and don't care. Same for the doo. It would add up to a battery box and ring gear for those that didn't want it. I bet the ring gear is on all of them anyway. So what does a flat spot to house a battery weight? Might have gave back a couple of pounds. Everyone would have still said, " man they almost got a 174 3inch down to what my sled weighed last year. That is awesome." Then the only thing people would have bitched about, me included, is why no 3 inch on the 154.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
So when do the
- heated seats , cup holders , ipod brackets , electric windshields come standard?. Add to that , ski doo doesnt send out a e start sled with a recoil unless you pay extra for one. That has to be about the dumbest thing Ive heard. You are stuck with a dead battery and no way to start your sled:face-icon-small-con.

If 26 lbs doesnt matter , why is it that all ppl whine about is what sled weighs more , why did you install a LW battery if weight means nothing?
I spent the better part of a day removing mine.......:amen:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
There is no incorrect side on this one.

If you want an e-start, that's fine, there is no reason not to get it.
If you choose a model that cannot be ordered with e-start, have the dealer install it.
Easy peasy. I really do not see the problem with that.
It's what I did last year.

If you do not want an e-start for whatever reason, life is good & you do not have to have one. But don't be a dickforbrains & insinuate that someone is less of a man because they want the luxury of pushing the button to ignite the fire.
Hell, with your rationale we should all opt out on power windows & locks, no need for a remote for the tv etc, etc.

Basically, both sides are arguing about nothing.
We need snow!

P

pfi572

Nov 29, 2009
North West Alberta
^^^^^^
Exactly
Order sled have it installed ? Seems pretty easy but argue about.
E start isn't for me in Mtn sled but who cares.
Don't order with.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
So when do the
- heated seats , cup holders , ipod brackets , electric windshields come standard?. Add to that , ski doo doesnt send out a e start sled with a recoil unless you pay extra for one. That has to be about the dumbest thing Ive heard. You are stuck with a dead battery and no way to start your sled:face-icon-small-con.

If 26 lbs doesnt matter , why is it that all ppl whine about is what sled weighs more , why did you install a LW battery if weight means nothing?
I spent the better part of a day removing mine.......:amen:

I wouldn't mind a heated seat to keep my but warm while I wait for you to pull start your sled:face-icon-small-win. If people want this stuff what do you care. The e tech starts really easy. It is like a half pull. My wife's pro starts on about the last 6-8 inches of the rope. I have bum shoulders and at the end of the day I hurt. I like the pro better in the trees but folded over for ease of steering on an xm and e start and I don't hurt at the end of the day. I personally think a 174 is rediculous. I don't even want a 163 but if someone wants it have at it. As far as the no recoil goes, you can pull start the sled or get a jump if possible. I put a lightweight battery on because I was trying to keep the weight to a minimum. I am also not whining about weight because the xm is the heaviest out there without the e start. The biggest reason you hear people whine about it is it is kind of free if installed at the factory. I gave up one year of warranty to get it free. If it is dealer installed it is going to be at least double or more. They are already asking over $14000 without it.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
I'm not arguing or cling someone less of a man if they want it. You will note I have several real reasons for " needing " one. I just wondered why now , when sleds start so easy , they is such a big demand. A few years ago when sleds were all carbed and started like crap , you couldn't find a e start sled in the mtns.
Re boosting or pull starting a sled vs doo just installing a recoil , well I still can't believe doo doesn't supply one standard. What if you're alone , your battery got low and froze over night? Doo is making a huge f up not supplying a recoil.

Premium Features