• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Take off shock prices...

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
They were the stock coil spring KYB front shocks and the rear stock shocks off of my 2021 Summit Expert Turbo 165”.

I replaced them with Fox Air Shocks front and back from Tom's.

... that's what I am doing as well! You have any seat time with them yet?

Ace

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Dear Mr ACE those take offs are maybe worth $ 200 shipped to my door for all 4. As long as you don't scratch them taking them off.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
From what I've seen Summit Expert shocks are a small upgrade over the X shocks. Not too much different between the two. Educate me if I am misinformed.
No, they are a HUGE upgrade over X shocks. The valving is spot on for a 180-200 loaded aggressive rider. Rear track has a compression adjuster. I was so impressed last year with my Experts over previous year X models. My 2020 Experts had better shocks than any of my previous Freerides.

F
Oct 20, 2015
North Pole Alaska
No, they are a HUGE upgrade over X shocks. The valving is spot on for a 180-200 loaded aggressive rider. Rear track has a compression adjuster. I was so impressed last year with my Experts over previous year X models. My 2020 Experts had better shocks than any of my previous Freerides.
How would you compare them to Fox Float Evols?

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
How would you compare them to Fox Float Evols?

Having upgraded from the 20.5 expert shocks to Tom's fox air (rear) and coil (front) combo, I'd rate the Fox 22% better than stock.

Seriously, and most importantly, the Fox are highly adjustable. That's why I like aftermarket shocks.

Premium Features