• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

speedwerx lightweight rotating parts

dw8

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2012
Looking for reviews on the speedwerx lightweight rotating parts. Has anybody installed their lightened helix, driven spider, drive spider, recoil cup, flywheel etc? Going to install a TKI belt drive and am kicking around the idea of complementing it with their lightweight rotating parts for a solid chuck of rotating weight reduction.

Also, does anybody have info on replacing the primary spider? I can't find anything in the service manual and only found 1 video online of an older clutch. No idea on torque specs or what the nut size is.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I have all that minus the spider, also running the zrp cover, and titanium bolts with there light weight clutch pins.

Also I removed the dampner on the primary and had my clutch balanced.

bdx makes a lightweight brake rotor, only down fall is the brakes are squeaky.

Shane23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
I have all that minus the spider, also running the zrp cover, and titanium bolts with there light weight clutch pins.

Also I removed the dampner on the primary and had my clutch balanced.

bdx makes a lightweight brake rotor, only down fall is the brakes are squeaky.

Did you feel a difference?

dw8

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2012
Here is the torque settings

Thank you! I missed that page

did you notice much of a difference? It seems like a good compliment to go with a belt drive

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
It all helps just don’t expect huge gains.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Looking for reviews on the speedwerx lightweight rotating parts. Has anybody installed their lightened helix, driven spider, drive spider, recoil cup, flywheel etc? Going to install a TKI belt drive and am kicking around the idea of complementing it with their lightweight rotating parts for a solid chuck of rotating weight reduction.

Also, does anybody have info on replacing the primary spider? I can't find anything in the service manual and only found 1 video online of an older clutch. No idea on torque specs or what the nut size is.
The spider is torqued to 450 lbs ft unless this is a misprint it was in the manual. I have personally not done a new one but many older ones for sure. The old ones torqued at 150 lbs ft.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
If someone gets the lightweight spider from speedwerx I would confirm the torque value for it with them. The OEM steel spider might be able to handle more than the aluminum one without stripping.

Premium Features