• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Somebody help me with Garmin Birdseye imagery for Hahns peak area

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
Hey . .just want to figure out what the boundaries of the riding area for the Hahn's Peak part of the mountain. .we're gonna be staying at the Elk River guest ranch and I'm using my Garmin Rino to download birdseye imagery.. ..but I need to know where the riding areas are to load onto the rino ..can someone give me some landmarks or something to determine the boundaries of the area? .. ..pretty please!. .

..thanks..

Johnny

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Here is a thread with some instructions and custom maps I did a few years ago.

The SLO file should work for you - remember to change the file extension after you download it, then you can look at it using google earth and upload it to your GPS, etc.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265592&highlight=kmz

FYI - The pink line on the right side of the map is the wilderness boundary, stay to the west of that line.

Last edited:

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
Well this is stupid ..I've been trying for the past hour to get those pdf's to open and cant. . .tried all kinds of crap..deleted and reinstalled adobe. .changed FF ..tried on IE. .blah blah ..even tried on another computer and still won't open?? .....anyone else able to get them to open?. . .. ..TMK ..would it be possible to email it to me directly??. ..not sure why the heck I can't get it to work . ..

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
When you download the SLO.pdf file to your computer you have to change the file extension otherwise it will not open.

Rename it to SLO.kmz and it will open with google earth. The Snowest forums do not recognize the .kmz file type so I had to change it to something else as a "dummy" so I could post them.

If that does not work I can email the kmz file it to you - drop me a PM with your email address.

Premium Features