• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

*** Snowmobiler Killed at Lake Cle Elum ***

L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
On KOMO 4 website - Very sad:

ELLENSBURG, Wash. (AP) - The Kittitas County Sheriff's Office says a Seattle man was killed in a snowmobile accident on Lake Cle Elum when he hit two trees.

The sheriff's office says witnesses reported 42-year-old John Safka was riding along the lake bed at a high rate of speed about 10:30 p.m. Friday when he hit a small tree and then hit a larger tree.

Safka was taken to Kittitas Valley Community Hospital in Ellensburg, where he was pronounced dead from head, neck and chest injuries.

Deputies say Safka was described as a first-time snowmobile rider.

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
On KOMO 4 website - Very sad:

ELLENSBURG, Wash. (AP) - The Kittitas County Sheriff's Office says a Seattle man was killed in a snowmobile accident on Lake Cle Elum when he hit two trees.

The sheriff's office says witnesses reported 42-year-old John Safka was riding along the lake bed at a high rate of speed about 10:30 p.m. Friday when he hit a small tree and then hit a larger tree.

Safka was taken to Kittitas Valley Community Hospital in Ellensburg, where he was pronounced dead from head, neck and chest injuries.

Deputies say Safka was described as a first-time snowmobile rider.

my friends were in that group up there I talk to them Sun this was truely a tragedy something no one should have to go through. Good times can end in death:mad:

I have been there had to watch a guy die right on the trail not even get to say goodbye to his family and had to haul him and the med tech back to the lodge it was no picnic. :mad:

Last edited:
L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
my friends were in that group up there I talk to them Sun this was truely a tragedy something no one should have to go through. Good times can end in death:mad:

I have been there had to watch a guy die right on the trail not even get to say goodbye to his family and had to haul him and the med tech back to the lodge it was no picnic. :mad:

Was this guy a Pine-Loch-Sun owner or visitor?

N

nikeholley

Aug 8, 2008
Tacoma
very sad...

'first time rider'..??..
that's very sad...
We'll be prayin' for that family...

L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
It turns out the victim and I have a mutual friend who called me wanting more info. The victim is a very standup guy living in the Lauelhurst area of Seattle. He had his own business, and was a "stay-at-home" dad with 3 kids. He spent much of his time coaching sports and had tickets to take his 2 older kids to spring training in AZ this week.....

My friend and his kids are quite upset with the loss.......RIP

Premium Features