• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWMOBILE VS AVALANCHE COMPILATION 2016

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
A compilation video of sledders being caught in avalanches (Scary)

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/06jNSmR3JtI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Can't speak for anyone else.
But this year I finally signed up for the full 3 day Avy Course in January.
Its time to make SURE I do all I can to come home safe and sound after riding.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
To be fair he is in between the 5 trees on that part of the slope, so not exactly in a wooded area by any means. Also, if you watch the original video he posted you can see his buddy was riding up above him and triggered it. Luckily for him it was small and I think the trees did protect him from a majority of it.

The video I think is the best (or worst) is the one where it had snowed like 5 feet and the dude got covered when a small hill broke while he was riding on the trail. I'll have to see if I can dig up the link.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The video I think is the best (or worst) is the one where it had snowed like 5 feet and the dude got covered when a small hill broke while he was riding on the trail. I'll have to see if I can dig up the link.

Yup, I remember that one last year.
Jeeez, last place you would have expected it.

Bowtie496

Lifetime Membership
Jun 7, 2010
Carey, ID
Can't speak for anyone else.
But this year I finally signed up for the full 3 day Avy Course in January.
Its time to make SURE I do all I can to come home safe and sound after riding.

Are you taking the Level 1 motorized specigic in Togwotee with Mike Duffy (Snowww1)? He said the other night in Rexburg that there are still slots available for that course. Information for this course can be found at www.avalanche1.com

The Friends of the Sawtooth Avalanche Center are also looking to provide a Level 1 motorized specific course again in central Idaho. The previous two years the course was held in Hailey with field days north of Ketchum. It may be in Fairfield this year, possibly the last week in January. We should have a date and time nailed down by the Boise Snow Show time.

Premium Features