• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST FORUMS: Member Comments on "Letter to All Members"

Status
Not open for further replies.
H
Nov 26, 2007
Preston, Id.
Originally Posted by Adrenaline Revolution View Post
Oh, and please do something about the buzz-kill, over moderating Mods that are killing the fun.

Working on this right now for you. Expect to hear more before the end of the week.

While you're at it, can you also make sure ALTERS aren't mods???

Its pretty easy to just become some one else on here..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I think all the bells and whistles are kinda cool. But if you guys want it simple then dont pay the premiun membership fee. Just get the basic for free. Quit Complaining. Sounds like they are just trying to give people more options. I love this site. I don't wanna pay either. Might be worth it. might not. Sounds like thats why they have options.
I would like to make a suggestion to Chris. Do we all get a trial of full premium membership to see if we want all the extra features?????
YES.
That is why we want to have everything fully operational before we begin to move forward.

Everything here, even all those that complain the loudest, will have full access to everything just as soon as it come's online.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
It's been said numerous times that all the upgrades will be implemented first. Everyone gets to see all the features for quite a while before anyone has to pay anything.
It was a long letter that had a LOT of material in it, so it's no surprise that many people didn't catch everything in it.

Sturgis Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2003
Sturgis, SD
you know, it is this type of attitude that stops this site from growing. I think people put way too much into post count and join date. They are just numbers man. They don't tell the whole story of a person.

The type of attitude that keeps the place from growing is Joe Newbie coming in and starting 10 threads about how his dad can beat you up, or what oil to use or what is the loudest can, or I'm 16 and I know everything. Respect is not given it is earned, you earn it by giving useful informative posts when people have problems with their sleds. There has been talk about "We're going to have industry people in here now, well I hate to break it to you but "inside industry people" cannot figure out how crap works in the real world, like when your new Doo is chewing up belt after belt, people HERE were the ones that told people what to do to FIX the problem. THAT'S what makes this site the hub of information, there are guys here like Big John, Indy Dan, Kelsey, . . . who have forgotten more than most "experts" know, guys you can call and tell them what sled, what elevation and what you want to do and they will tell you exactly what you need to do to get your machine running in top shape, once you piss off the "elders" there is no where else to get that info.

M

MPS

I am very guilty of making pointed comments towards people on here. However, it amazes me the way you respond to so many on here Christopher....or how you talk about many of them. These are SW customers. It just baffles me...even if they are completely wrong.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I think what really set me off is not the $10, but immediately following posts from an exclusive, hand picked series of staff members and moderators saying how great this is. Here I am in shock, and this just added to the lube feeling in preparation for what is to come. :( I was expecting either a locked thread with no follow on posts, or a constructive post complaining about the changes so I would not feel alone in my frustration.
those first two posts were more part of the letter than commentary on it. I had many people report that they were unable to read the opening letter and the following discussion, so I broke them apart to make sure they could at least read the letter, and choose to include those first comments as part of the letter.

With over 1,000 posts in this thread, there can be no doubt but that this has been and open and freely discussed topic so far.

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
Originally Posted by Adrenaline Revolution View Post
Oh, and please do something about the buzz-kill, over moderating Mods that are killing the fun.

While you're at it, can you also make sure ALTERS aren't mods???

Its pretty easy to just become some one else on here..
A solution to the power crazed Mods would be a HUGE show of faith regarding the idea that you really are listening to the masses Chris.
Thanks for looking into it.

Solve that and a great deal of folks will take a more "Wait and see" approach I think.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I think patience is the key here. I see way to many ppl here cranked up. I think before we leap we should look. Also, I see a lot of questions that were already answered at the beginning of this post. If this site is to progress we should refrain from adding to the load of the ppl working to get everything rolling. Legit questions are good, but questions that have been answered should be left on the shelf.

I have a suggestion. Christopher and staff: Could you take the Q/A from this page and do one more thread... read only if possible, and post in point form the origionnal info and the Q/A of the users here.
Possibly.

For the most part, this thread is mostly just a handful of people repeating themselves and attacking those that dare to disagree with them.

As for me, I am answering the same questions and accusations over and over again. But it needs to be done, so I am spending many hours here doing it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I AM over there, and I like it, I still don't think that Christopher would be crass, foolish, or whatever enough to go "over there" and try to explain " I promise it will be better, it's exactly what you've been wanting all along, or whatever other liberal twisted crap they spew.
Its not me.
Don't know who it is, but I know who it's not.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Why would you even suggest people leave here?? At this point, you should be trying to change peoples mind to stay..Just because someone goes and registers on another site to weigh their options doesnt mean they should no longer be allowed here!! I was a member on many sites before I stumbled onto this one.. Now we should feel like we are no longer welcome on this site because we have tried somewhere else new??? How are people trying to make anything worse by stating actual facts and statistics so others can also base their decisions on this?
I would think that many of the SW members have accounts on different forums for a variety of reasons. Everyone that follows the rules is welcome here.

D
Mar 6, 2003
MN
You want some real data....

Post a poll sticky to the top of the general section right after your new rule book; asking how many will get out the wallet right out for "the change".

After that ask how many would stick around if you leaned down the site, got rid of all of the bs and got back to text with low res pictures, and a very simple pm program, with a little advertising on the side? A self funded site. Make your business decision off of this data and a coresponding cost model to each.

Unfortunatly, many of the regulars are probably allready gone.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Dude:

FYI: You can click the little arrow on the right at the top corner of shout box to make it go away. I hear ya, not everyone wants it.... maybe it'll be a pay thing... hopefully!!!!
It continues to amaze me that people complain about features that are 100% USER CONTROLLABLE.

The goal was to make most of the options user selectable after all.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just because Christopher does not know / does not tell, does not mean that it is not known. I worked at HP and I personally guarantee to you that they know. I was said web developer and I did not know the cost of advertising or how much revenue it generated. I didn't need to know. I did what the publisher and owners asked me to do. They made the decisions.
That is generally how private corporations work in America.

M

MPS

It continues to amaze me that people complain about features that are 100% USER CONTROLLABLE.

The goal was to make most of the options user selectable after all.

Right or wrong....this is what I am referring to. This is how you degrade your customers. I am amazed at that!

Are you going to address the poll in fouled plug? You complained about the same people complaining over and over....so now you have real data in fouled plug. Are you going to tell me the 78 people that oppose this are spouting off over and over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features