• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snorocket - the future?

T
Saw this thought the forum might find it interesting or amusing:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Les built and sold a few of them.

There’s a build thread on snowest from around 2013 or 2017 it all blends together.

And the original.

Last edited:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
That is a work of art. Dude knows what works. Nice

E
Dec 19, 2007
Anyone know what they weight? I've seen them around for a long time but never got to ride one. Looks like the ski pressure should be light enough with the engine way back. I just know what I can do with 70hp and a great box I don't want any more. The biggest problem with snow bikes is they don't have the correct geometry to transfer the weight onto the track when there's no traction in baseless snow they can't transfer at all like a sled does. 3-in paddles helped but they just fix the geometry we wouldn't need more power or bigger tracks.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Anyone know what they weight? I've seen them around for a long time but never got to ride one. Looks like the ski pressure should be light enough with the engine way back. I just know what I can do with 70hp and a great box I don't want any more. The biggest problem with snow bikes is they don't have the correct geometry to transfer the weight onto the track when there's no traction in baseless snow they can't transfer at all like a sled does. 3-in paddles helped but they just fix the geometry we wouldn't need more power or bigger tracks.
He says 390# in one thread.

BeeDoo

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
UT
Looks like the future to me.
But only if someone can manufacture them and provide parts for them. That takes some serious investment and R&D.
I'd ride it for sure.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
I’m not sure a 400 lb snowbike is the future. If they were that rad we would have heard alot more about them for the people he built them for. Im just having a hard time picturing flicking it around tight trees down hill on 30-40 degee North facing powder slop.Not saying I wouldn’t give it a try though!

Premium Features