• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Small-Doo AMX

B
Feb 6, 2012
Narrow passage that turns uphill, must check after each short end or there are 3 feet between 2 trees.
The famous isolated hill at the bottom of the tower, the branches begin to be big enough to make the snowmobile pour.

Tests with the camera just under the shoulders, we can better perceive the slopes, but when its mounted the handlebars are in the field of vision.

B
Feb 6, 2012
There are very few open spaces here or even sparse wood, like that not necessary to go quickly and have the track dig, from the front as well as backwards if in the presence of a cu-de sac.

It is the terrain that is tilted and not the snowmobile that is lying on its side.

B
Feb 6, 2012
Various obstacles, There are no straight lines, branches of rocks and tree trunks under the snow. If the snowmobile was not able to set off on a full slope, there would be nothing to do. Putting the gas at the bottom just makes the situation worse by removing the snow to skate on obstacles sliding like ice. The temperature rose just above 0, so sticky snow. Turn around when there is less than 1.5 times the length of the snowmobile. It becomes quite exhausting for the pilot these trails, we are no longer 20 years old

B
Feb 6, 2012
The side hill is more restful than the preceding trails. The traction is maximum while the track is well supported on the snow unlike a normal snowmobile which must make the track spinner at a pronounced angle down the slope to keep the balance. We can step back and take the time to decide where we can go.

B
Feb 6, 2012
Very big plating in 2 days. The front of the Hood and the back of the tunnel are 36 '' tall. Given the weight of the machine, there is a lot of slack underneath.

I walked in front of the snowmobile to take a picture just once, because it takes too much effort, sometimes with shoulder-level snow.

I met friends in Summit and Tundra Xtreme, but they did not want to go directly into the woods with me (apart from regular passages), the snowmobiles came by candlelight behind with 5 feet of trough. I had to walk alone as usual since the lines and the lakes do not interest me.

The next day the cold and the weather compacted the snow enough for the Small-Doo to wear when the track is not spinning, here we are talking about a very slight compaction in the woods where it sells little.

No room to turn around to see the others, we push the branches.

B
Feb 6, 2012
Nice ryde with a guy who did not hesitate to follow me in restricted places.

The biggest difference is that with the Freeride 155, you have no choice but to dig the track to go up a slope, and when it stops it can be difficult to start from the front or back.

The guy isn’t doing it on purpose to make him dig when it’s not going any more, so it’s easier to get out. But the last time was exhausting all the same.

With the Small-Doo if it stops climbing or if the driver deviates from the correct trajectory, he can always start from the reverse and or from the front. Despite having only ¼ the power of the other.

A large 5 liters of gas was burned.

B
Feb 6, 2012
Ryde with Yeti.

Although there has been no crust or hardening of the winters (kind of mild weather and rain followed by cold) You can climb the sides without digging, because digging would not lead far.

The guy who makes them has a liquid-cooled ATV engine in his.

B
Feb 6, 2012
I stopped there to take a photo of the 0 degree snowmobile on 40 degree terrain.

Then I tried to start to the left (up) I dug a lot while spanking skate the caterpillar, in front it became an almost square wall, the snowmobile slipped, dug 4 feet down by pressing it against the tree, the behind is under compacted snow. It was the day after the storm, the snow below did not have time to freeze well (mild weather before the storm).

So it was time to stop digging (the bottom is still far away) maybe I will need the shovel. I deflated the 2 front shock absorbers with the button, which allows the front of the track to descend well into the hole, this takes weight off the skis and the rear of the track at the same time.

Going slowly, I was able to climb onto the compacted snow mound at the back, with a few scratches on the trees.

Before

After

B
Feb 6, 2012
Side Hill, snowmobile straight in relation to trees and terrain inclined in relation to trees… (except to make a sharp turn)

Both backwards and forwards, can stop and start without digging, no need to dig either to keep the snowmobile in the snow. No legs on the outside of the snowmobile to balance.

Standing in the back hill trail in side hill

Standing in the reverse side hill trail

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Hey just saw you in the latest Princess Auto flyer! I told my wife that I had been following you for a long time! Love your updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features