• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Twins for 800 BB in IQR

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
I just wanted to get something off my chest....Usually I don't do this but in this case I have to.

I called SLP last year at this time looking to buy thier Twins for the BB800 into the IQR chassis to complete my project. Speaking to the head guy for this question, he explained that since I was not a racer he would not sell them to me. So I figured I would find a set on the forums, which I did, but I really wanted new ones but no big deal.

So last week I'm looking online and I see they are selling these pipes now to the general public....for $850.00:eek: http://www.slp.cc/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=19&productID=1335 The site does not say anything about the offering being new, so why did they not sell them to me last year? Anyway, I know it's a pointless rant, but thanks for listening.

BTW.....$850.00!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHA.....LMAO......

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
should we call the whambulance for you?

ha ha j/k

i know how you feel. before i bought my iqr i checked with slp and they said they were going to make a single for a 600ho in that sled. as soon as i got mine i called and they said they shelved the project. so ben and i hacked into mine (the first one we did) and got it work (really well actually). then they put it on the catalog the next year!

oh well now we know how to do them...

R
Nov 24, 2005
I got a set of Brand New Race pipes for my 800 IQr last year. :D What's up? In fact I had no trouble getting them. That sucks. Sorry Bro.

~Rookie

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
I would have got some through you last year Brad, but I did not find out you were selling pipes until I ordered my motor plate from you and by that time I had some pipes on the way.

Like I said though, I found some and all is working out in the end. Thanks for the feedback guys!

F
Feb 11, 2008
800 slp twins

I talked to them as well and they said they are selling the stock they have and are not going to produce them anymore. They also do not have any tuning info for us flatlanders--anyone have a good set up in the IQR?? I am putting on a set myself. I have SLP low comp cheater heads, pods, mainly looking for carb set up and what cdi to run with pump gas at 0-3000ft. Any help would be great.

Premium Features