• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sled goes to retarded mode after 7K RPM

S

SU27

May 4, 2013
Edmonton
Guys, quick question. 2010 D8, fix kit, no fuel commander, primary clutch serviced this summer - i.e. Weights, belt to sheave are correct, secondary aligned, belt is new. TPS adjusted correctly. Gasoline is fresh, 94 grade, no ethanol. Plugs are new BR9EIX (iridium)
Sled starts well (noticed decrease in idle RPM from 1700-1800 down to 1600-1700 though). Runs well up to 7000 rpm, and then check engine light comes on. Then it goes to retarded mode, and engine light blinks constantly. If i go to WOT from below 7000, engine runs ok - check engine comes up sometimes, but no retarded mode.
Unplugging ethanol wires helps a bit.
So, question: what should i take a look at?
Thanks,

S

SU27

May 4, 2013
Edmonton
Working on this issue now. Found so far: airbox was sitting improperly touching shaft, split on the bottom, and sucking air from there. Compression is 120 on both cylinders, as it was before.
Now checking tps.

S

SU27

May 4, 2013
Edmonton
Bog is gone

Changed fuel filter, sealed airbox and put it back, cleaned VES (it was clean anyways , connected VES back to solenoid (it was plugged as per "increase your IQ" post). BOG IS GONE.
YAHOOO
Analysis: airbox was off because of ductape came off the bottom, jackshaft grabbed it, and pulled airbox off intake ports. VES - by the character of sediment looks like it was never working. So i wouldnt recommend unplugging it from solenoid (mechanic in dealership dropped dead when heard about plugging VES hose).
So, i had marvelous riding day today.

Premium Features