• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Protective Gear (SPG) Handlebars

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
posted up some info and got a lot of PM's... so I thought I would post it here.

I am NOT a dealer for SPG nor do I have any of these bars to sell..

This is simply a FYI about a good product that I use.

SPG is a quality driven company that has taken the time to answer a lot of questions on the phone and has come up with some great products.

http://www.skinzprotectivegear.com/snowmobileproduct.html

They currently have 2" and 4" rise bars with or without bar hooks and, which I think is great... at my request built in mounts for Mountain grab straps.

They will have 6" 8" and 10" rise bars available in August for you guys planning your summer projects.

Available in Black, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Orange

These bars are very high quality with deep knurling in the clamp area, all cromoly construction with 5 degree rise and 8 degree sweep for perfect stand up riding feel.

600_Handle_Bars_-_Hooks_Cut.JPG

600_4_Inch_Riser_Bars_Blue.jpg

Pic of my SPG bars with the Stock Polaris Polybar mounted
SPGbars.jpg

There are a few different vendors on the 4M here that sell the SPG products... give em your business!!

SPG's full line of bars...These show the hooked bars, available as straight bars, without hooks, as well

Great for the M-S and Dragons / Assault No extra Block riser needed.

Top to bottom 10", 8", 6", 4", 2"

Without hook, My 4" bar shown
SPGMountainBar-Straight4inch.jpg

Full line, shown with hooks
SPGMountainBars-FullSet2.jpg

There are a few different vendors on the 4M here that sell the SPG products... give em your business!!

Last edited:

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
do you think that you could get the oem hand warmers over those hooked bars
if not
can you install the hooked ends into the straight bars

I

IQOUTLAW

Sep 10, 2008
do you think that you could get the oem hand warmers over those hooked bars
if not
can you install the hooked ends into the straight bars

i was wondering the same thing about the straight bars???

M

MNIQR

Feb 28, 2006
I think in the original thread there was a mention of RMI long heaters and long grips for the hooked bars.

M

MNIQR

Feb 28, 2006
I bent my bars this weekend, who has run these as replacements?
How do you like them?
How wide are they?
TY

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I bent my bars this weekend, who has run these as replacements?
How do you like them?
How wide are they?
TY

I bought mine with out the hooks built in. I shortened them 2" a side to match up with stock width. I love mine, 6" rise.... and my hands stay VERY warm, unlike the aluminum bars I had used in the past...

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
My riding buddy mobsled has them on his dragon. We switched back to back, and both agreed the skinz bars were way more comfortable than the stockers on my dragon. I am getting a set before next season.

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
I can't speak for the '07 and up sleds, but on my '06 900, you cannot use the bars with the hooks built in. The problem is not the handlebar warmers, but rather, the throttle block. It is one piece and will not slide on bars with "built-in" hooks. I just put new bars on my sled. Picked them up at the local Arctic Cat dealer - new M-Series bars. I had to cut the hooks off (to get my throttle on) and re-use my factory hooks, but I absolutely love the width and degrees of pull-back on these bars. Far, far superior to the original bars. The mountain bar is built in and best of all, they only cost $85 CDN.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Eric, do you know if the stock bars on the 06's would be considered a 2 inch rise or 4 inch. I bent my bars bigtime yesterday and left my sled at my buds cabin so I don't have it here to measure. Thanks:beer;:beer;

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
SPG's full line of bars...These show the hooked bars, available as straight bars, without hooks, as well

Great for the M's and Dragons / Assault No extra Block riser needed.

Top to bottom 10", 8", 6", 4", 2"

Without hook, My 4" bar shown
SPGMountainBar-Straight4inch.jpg

Full line, shown with hooks
SPGMountainBars-FullSet2.jpg

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Love mine. 08 D8 (w/ D7 riser block) 4" rise flat no hooks rsi end hooks and grips stock heaters. Nothing better.

IMG_2800.jpg

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Mine near completion last winter. Just needed to hook up brake line and throttle cable. Yes there is hand and thumb warmer... i have hidden all the wires.

I have been very happy with mine so far.

DSCF1222.jpg

Premium Features