• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Front Bumper for Acsender Platform - Pre-Order NOW!!

W
Nov 29, 2014
Have this bumper. Installed at same time as black skid plate. Unless I'm missing something, only place bumper would interfere with skid plate is at rearmost bumper mounting bolts. I installed skid plate and then bolted bumper on (using longer screws that came with skid plate for rearmost section of bumper). Skid plate is now sandwiched between bumper & body/frame.

I will say Cat accessory bumper I have on my limited fit better. And I did not use screws that came with bumper to attach to front skid plate as gap was too big (didn't drill or use any fasteners there).

P.s. Anybody installing cat skid plate should use caution drilling holes nearest tunnel (I could not drill where skid plate holes were as tunnel is vertical here!). Also use hole saw to predrill holes for access to chaincase bolts without removing skid plate.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Anyone have any recent input on this bumper? Fit and finish with the welds? Weight?

Thinking of going with one of these or the Arctic Cat ProClimb accessory bumper.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I had one on my sled and I thought it was a solid option and I had no complaints on the construction or fit and finish. For the price you shouldn't have to worry about those things either.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
my brother had one, looked and worked great. cromoly instead of aluminum i believe? The folded aluminum cat accessory ones are weak sauce, i had one.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
my brother had one, looked and worked great. cromoly instead of aluminum i believe? The folded aluminum cat accessory ones are weak sauce, i had one.
Good to hear. Descriptions I've read say it's aluminum and the welds look like aluminum as well. Not sure why Skinz gave it the name they did. I've seen those Pro Mountain Cat front bumpers and I wouldn't get one. Seem flimsy and look like they would hold snow. This is the Cat bumper I'd get if I went that route: https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-c...roclimb-bumper-2017-2022-zr-xf-riot-m-pta-nor

Agree with what you should get for the price. I'd heard of some Skinz bumpers showing up with some goobered welds in past years so that's why I was asking.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
ah, ok, my helium kit said chromo bumper but theyre not all created equal i guess.
I would reccomend the skinz though, people beat up the welded look on the interweb its really not an issue though, they ook great imo. Chris buradnt is probably picky as they come and he digs em.
i get confused on the cat accessory names... hopefully the tube one youre looking at is not made in china like the box aluminum one is. no reason to buy chinese when theres USA available that would be the decider right there for me.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Coming from a welding shop background I don't mind the welded look if the welds are nice and uniform as they should be. Just don't want some chicken scratch like the one's guys were returning back to Skinz a couple years back. I'm sure they use the best looking ones for photos and sending to their sponsored riders! Good to hear yours looks good.

I'm betting all the Cat ones are made in China then. The tube style running boards I bought from them a couple years ago had "made in China" plastered right across the outside of the box. This might have made my decision right here... I'm going to give the Racewerx one that's currently on the sled a run once before I pull the trigger though.

Premium Features