• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-Doo Summit Rev G4 Hood Removal Video

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Wow, way way to many fasteners. I would hate to have to do that in the freezing cold with the wind blowing and cold hands. That is a prime example of poor engineering.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Wow, way way to many fasteners. I would hate to have to do that in the freezing cold with the wind blowing and cold hands. That is a prime example of poor engineering.
Kinda what I was thinking. The Xm is hard enough to take off.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012

Really? I thought it was pretty reasonable. 4 Torx bolts (using the supplied wrench in the field) and it's out. The rest is wiring harness clips and plastic panels that just pop off. It's a lot easier than my ProClimb hood to remove, I can tell that much.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Eight little screws and a clamp but who is counting I guess. Sorry for the opinion. And as far as not removing in the field I agree it is rare anymore but it does happen and when it does it would be nice to have it a little easier. I do not currently ride Doo but I am very curious how these will do. I just see all the little things like this that make me shake my head. Again not trying to start a bash just noticing things like this that could be better or easier.

B

BC SnoX

Banned
Oct 15, 2016
Miami FL Sunshine and Ladies
I love how the engineers get compliments in beginning for making it simple. That is one of the most ridiculously annoying hood designs I've ever been seen. Looks fun for working on your sled on the mountain. Why not just go all out and make the exhaust system part of the hood.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Washington State
Be nice if they hadn't destroyed my torxbolts at the factory. The two closest to the handlebars are shredded and I can't get the heckrs out!! Plus, they're not the same size as the other 4....WTF over?!

Last edited:

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
Eight little screws and a clamp but who is counting I guess. Sorry for the opinion. And as far as not removing in the field I agree it is rare anymore but it does happen and when it does it would be nice to have it a little easier. I do not currently ride Doo but I am very curious how these will do. I just see all the little things like this that make me shake my head. Again not trying to start a bash just noticing things like this that could be better or easier.

We were both wrong, it's six bolts. ;). 4 for the hood, 2 for the glovebox. And the inlet clamp like you said. I wasn't being sarcastic, sorry if it seemed that way. It really is a lot easier than my M8000 to get both the panels and the hood off. Did both sleds this weekend to compare. You don't have to pull the windscreen the glovebox lid, or the belt guard like Dave did if you have longer drivers. It's a trade off, I guess. But I got the hood off with one T27 driver in less than two minutes...

Premium Features