• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber 850 install hints

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
My turbo should be here next week and trying to get a head start on things. Does anyone have any helpful pointers on the install? I have a buddy who kept blowing off the air box but we fixed that when we epoxyed the air box to the intake boot. I know I am going to just expoxy it on when I do the install. Also he had minor plastic melting around the turbo until we heat tapped all the plastic. Has anyone heat wrapped the turbo? I have seen a few have done it but never seen any feedback. Or I am thinking about just trying the heat shield that silber is selling. Has anyone use the heat shield and does it work?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
I heat wrapped my turbo on my 800. No heat or performance issue with it.
What size tape did u use? Trying to decide on 1" or 2". Kinda leaning towards 1" to make the bends easier but I am not sure. I have seen a pic of 2" and it looked kinda loose around the bends but that could be the install too.

O
Feb 8, 2013
I heat wrapped mine and put a cheep turbo blanket on it from eBay. I also have a diamond s hood and vents in the panels, was running around the field testing it today before leaving for a trip Wednesday and nothing got even remotely hot, it was 10 deg Celsius
I used 1” wrap it was fairly easy but had to retry a few times in a few spots and use extra bands, buy the Banding tool as well it makes life easy $5
Hair spray all the boots, I used to do that to my truck and single clamp it would hold at 50+#’s

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
I heat wrapped mine and put a cheep turbo blanket on it from eBay. I also have a diamond s hood and vents in the panels, was running around the field testing it today before leaving for a trip Wednesday and nothing got even remotely hot, it was 10 deg Celsius
I used 1” wrap it was fairly easy but had to retry a few times in a few spots and use extra bands, buy the Banding tool as well it makes life easy $5
Hair spray all the boots, I used to do that to my truck and single clamp it would hold at 50+#’s
Do u know what size of turbo blanket u bought?

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Well I got the install all done but the oil lines are a serious pain hooking up to the oil pump. On the install video they do it one way and in the install direction they do it another. I currently have them hooked up like the video but I am having second thoughts about it. First I ran the line through the same hole as the factory lines are( between the oil reservoir and frame) but it's a tight fit and I am worried about the oil line rubbing on the frame. Second the oil line tee is touching the motor mount and I am worried about the rubbing. What's the best way to hook up the oil lines? Any help would be appreciated!!

Premium Features