• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Severe low/mid throttle bog

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
2016 m8000 Limited running stage two bikeman kit.

My sled developed a bad bog off idle and the mid range yesterday while riding. I can start out slowly and its fine. If I try and go anywhere 25-75% throttle it will cough or just fall on its face.If I move to full throttle it takes off fine. I pulled apart and took the pipe off. Everything looks good in the cylinders. Plugs are a nice dark brown. I have been having a problem lately where the sled runs like crap when it gets low on gas but that was more of a full throttle problem.

I was thinking possible problem with the power valves but if they are stuck closed that should be killing the top end right? I thought maybe fuel pressure also but again if fuel supply was lacking it should be worse with full throttle.

Let me know what you guys might think. It is still under warranty for a couple more months but I am afraid they will just say the warranty is void with the stage two kit on there.

Last edited:

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
TPS or TSS? Make sure TPS is adjusted right or your TSS switch is acting up. Both should be fixed/checked under warranty. Neither would be affected by bmp stage two kit.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
Are there wiring diagrams out there for these sleds so I can check that stuff and see what they are doing?

I know I can check a switch to see if it's acting up without power but is there an easy way to jump power to the sled so that I can check the voltage output of the tps? Or is there a spec chart with resistance values to check on the tps?

Is there a tss switch on the throttle and the throttle bodies or just the throttle and it uses the tps reading for the tps system?

My dealer has a wait right now and if I can fix this easy and not lose any ride time I'd like to do that so thanks for all the suggestions

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
What's the altimeter say, if it's not reading right check the baro tube.

This is why I don't ride without Guages, you have no issues what to look for.

Is it a hollow sounding bog, like a woooh, wooooh sound (lean) or more of a gurgling sputter sound(rich).

Add some stabile, or startron "enzyme" treatment in the tank

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
It's interesting you say that about the baro reading. I was at my friends cabin that has a weather station within an hundred yards of it and the weather station says it's at 8000 ft but my altimeter on the sled was reading about 9000 which would make it run leaner. Enough to do that I don't know.

Where is the baro sensor on these sleds?

It sounds lean. Sounds like my old carbed sleds when the carbs need to be cleaned and they run lean.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features