• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Setting ski/spindle toe, canting etc...

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I couldn't find this section on the online user manual I have, anyone smarter than me got a link to something with how to set all that fancy spindle stuff?

Thanks!

R
Good point. My 1997 ZRT manual said to do toe in and toe out of the skis, you should put a 2X4 down the track, so it sticks out past the skiis, and then angle skiis accordingly.
But that is only if your track is running straight of course. I have done it like that on my sleds. I have never seen I in any other manual like my 14 or 11 .

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Thanks guys.

It's more the upper a-arm ball joint I was asking about. It looks like the only mention of it in the service manual is just that you're supposed to thread it all the way in.........that's it's not really an adjustment. Does that sound right?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
When I installed my front end I put a square on the floor next to the outside edge of the ski and measured over to the flat part on the outer edge of the spindle. Adjusted the top joint until the spindle was straight up and down.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
When I installed my front end I put a square on the floor next to the outside edge of the ski and measured over to the flat part on the outer edge of the spindle. Adjusted the top joint until the spindle was straight up and down.

I did something similar. But it's not threaded all the way in like the service manual states. Kind of weird there's no documentation on how the set that stuff really.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Camber is more pertinent to trail handling... i like to make the ski parallel to the ground. Maybe a little positive camber for high speed corners...:p

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Thanks guys.

It's more the upper a-arm ball joint I was asking about. It looks like the only mention of it in the service manual is just that you're supposed to thread it all the way in.........that's it's not really an adjustment. Does that sound right?
i adjustaed mine out on one side when i had a ski (stock) that always looked to lean in more than the other. ran it without issue a few rides until i got new skis, then for whatever reason i was able to put it back. i think threaded in is for strength but id go ahead and thread out a little in future if need arises.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
i adjustaed mine out on one side when i had a ski (stock) that always looked to lean in more than the other. ran it without issue a few rides until i got new skis, then for whatever reason i was able to put it back. i think threaded in is for strength but id go ahead and thread out a little in future if need arises.

My exact issue. I had them straight with the stock spindles and then one of them looked off when I put the elevate spindles on.

thanks man!

Premium Features