• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Selling my I.P Home if anyones interested

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Been a labor of love over the past six years, but I've decided to return to Alaska next spring, and have my home and shop for sale here in I.P.

homesale2.JPG

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Nice shack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha ha... that's what I called it all through construction, and it stuck with me. The new rage these days is for folks to "name" their homes, however, I dont think my realtor would think calling it the shack would be a strong selling point,

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yeah, kinda hate to go, but time for one more adventure. looking at the Haines area, possibly as much or more snow accumulation as I.P., and it's definitely in the "sticks"
I totally thought you had moved down here for the duration and were DONE with Alaska???????

T
Nov 11, 2008
IP is one of my fav places to ride. It’s unfortunate I won’t get down there again this year.

Maybe someday I will have a great place like that in Idaho to retreat to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I occasionally think of going back to the AK, but the thoughts are short lived. But I grew up in the Anchorage/Big Lake/Wasilla area. 36 years. Those places turned into ****holes. I left 12? years ago and have never been back, even to visit. And my parents own a house there. If it weren't for trying to figure out how to move 5 semi truck loads of parts, sleds, watercraft, trailers, etc., I would be all over your house. McCall is not as near as appealing as it was 10 years ago when we moved here. Kinda over it but don't know how to get out.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Ditto's... lived in AK since 71, was a simpler time back then, used to legaly ride my Panther to school (Service High). Oil kinda F'd up the state along with giving out free money (PFD). If I don't doo Haines, I'll probably end up somewhere between Talkeetna, and Healy, anything farther south is pretty much meth country

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Ditto's... lived in AK since 71, was a simpler time back then, used to legaly ride my Panther to school (Service High). Oil kinda F'd up the state along with giving out free money (PFD). If I don't doo Haines, I'll probably end up somewhere between Talkeetna, and Healy, anything farther south is pretty much meth country
Exactly. I was born in 71, lol. The PFD was a decent idea, but it attracted SO much bad. And that bad is all still there. I have a buddy that I went to elementary school with, he randomly moved to Boise 6-8 years ago. I hadn't talked to him in YEARS. We reconnected, ride. He works oil fields as part of his job, and he HATES going to AK. Had his rental car broken into one of the last trips. That just doesn't happen here.

Premium Features