• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seeley Lake 13/14

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yeah, tough day on the mountain yesterday.
Couple of feet have fallen, and they expect more.
PLUS, they had 60mph winds up there. MAJOR wind-loading.

Scott.

Last edited:
X
Mar 12, 2018
we rode yesterday 1/11/20. had a really strange thing on the ride in with the snow freezing to our goggles bad... our sleds, the whole front of you and goggles were covered in ice. that faded off by about 11am - other than that the snow is good! first time all season i didnt worry about hittin anything. came across a steeper hill we wanted to cross / play on so i dug a pit. bout 4.5' deep. had about a foot or so of lighter stuff ontop with very uniform denser snow below all the way to the ground. there was 1 noticable layer bout 16" from the ground - bout 1/4" of surface hoar maybe - very thin layer. ECT was solid. we deemed it ok and rode with no issues.

***NOTE - I have somewhat pinpointed the area of the pit we dug. these results can vary drastically throughout the entire area so please continue to ride responsibly :)

Attachments

• seeley pit.jpg
    seeley pit.jpg
    800.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yesterday that was LOTS of wind-loading in places...that were tracked up.

N
Jan 14, 2020
I know this is an old thread, but anyone ridden Seeley lately? Supposed to be heading out there on March 5th and the forecast is looking very warm with no new snow in the near future. Anyone been there? How's the snow?

D
Dec 16, 2009
Seeley Lake, Mt
The conditions have been good. Keep a eye on the North Fork of Jocko snotel. It will give you the temp's. At 0900 today the depth is 123 inches and 18 degree's. This is at the elevation 6330 ft.

N
Jan 14, 2020
The conditions have been good. Keep a eye on the North Fork of Jocko snotel. It will give you the temp's. At 0900 today the depth is 123 inches and 18 degree's. This is at the elevation 6330 ft.
I have been watching the snotel and know it is deep. Just wasn't sure if it was good pow or mostly hard snow. Hopefully they get some good storms between now and early March.

D
Dec 16, 2009
Seeley Lake, Mt
Been good powder. Monday was great but it's hard to say what it will be in March but I would guess we will have lot more snow by then. Last Thursday Lake Dinah looked like no one had been there all year, fresh powder :)

Premium Features