• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sawtooth mountains

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Stay in Sun Valley/Ketchum/Hailey/Bellevue or Stanley.

Ride Pole Creek, Baker, Boulder City, Fairfield, Salmon Headwaters.

List goes on and on.

mntnguide

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
Jackson, WY
More backcountry than trails in all areas mentioned...Helps to know where your going a bit..Especially in the sawtooth valley, gotta watch snow conditions. . Lots of steep terrain and avalanche danger and having avy knowledge is very important. It is real high right now, and hopefully nobody tries to push the limits. . People died a year or two ago just riding in the flat bottoms, and the sound of the sleds set off the hillsides above and they were buried. . but its some awesome country to ride, just gotta do it safely!

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
I live just over the hill in Hailey and ride Stanley area often. Snow is getting good. Due to work this weekend will be my first of the year , but friends have been at it for a few weeks now.

If you want to stay in Stanley try the Stanley mountain village http://www.mountainvillage.com

Other wise Sun valley is about 40 minutes from the more popular areas if your towing.

There is also riding in that area as well , that is just 15 mins from sun valley.

Mostly off trail riding, there are some groomed trails if that's what your into.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yes, lots of backcountry off-trail.
Be avy prepared.

I thought sound causing avalanches was a myth proven false.

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
Beautiful country but lodging and restaurants are NOT fancy. Very basic. There is a good trail system but it just goes through the valley then over to Dead Wood /Lowman. There is NO cell service in most places . Gas can be a long ways between fill ups. Be prepared and Avy smart.....

Premium Features