• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Safety Tether install

J
Nov 19, 2019
I have a 2006 King Cat and am attempting to add a tether switch. Attached is a picture of the wiring diagram, the lower left of the diagram is the ignition and kill switch. Can anyone clue me in to how to hook a safety tether into this? I tried hooking the two wires on the switch in-line with the ignition switch, that did nothing.

Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 12.40.22 PM.png

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Your full screenshot doesn't show up when I try to open it.
You need to be sure you have a normally open tether. Then you would hook it either between the VLT and BRN wires on connector 18, or on page 28 of that PDF (The King Cat 900 EFI Main Harness) the YEL and BRN wires on connector 4. You need to ground one of those circuits to kill the engine.

J
Nov 19, 2019
Thanks idcatman3, not sure why the screen shot did not fully load, I had the same issue when I tried to open it. Using a Windows PC today, so copied the wiring diagram in this time. I ordered the tether last season, it was listed as "normally open" so I think it should be compatible (apparently this is an Arctic Cat thing). Will look up how to check it to be sure before installing though. When you say between the two wires, you mean to bridge them with the tether switch essentially? I thought it would hook in-line with one color, but perhaps that is because it is normally open. If I removed the ignition switch and plugged the same two wires into the tether, would this accomplish the same thing (an also delete my key)?
1634577793616.png

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I would unplug the ignition and buy the double male tab connectors (i think they are called piggyback) clean and easy. I did something similar on my M sled and it was a real nice install no soldering splicing or butt connectors. The M had a plug downstream from the ignition so it wasn't right at the switch itself.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Thanks idcatman3, not sure why the screen shot did not fully load, I had the same issue when I tried to open it. Using a Windows PC today, so copied the wiring diagram in this time. I ordered the tether last season, it was listed as "normally open" so I think it should be compatible (apparently this is an Arctic Cat thing). Will look up how to check it to be sure before installing though. When you say between the two wires, you mean to bridge them with the tether switch essentially? I thought it would hook in-line with one color, but perhaps that is because it is normally open. If I removed the ignition switch and plugged the same two wires into the tether, would this accomplish the same thing (an also delete my key)?

Sorry I missed the reply here, you're correct, you can just plug the same two wires into the tether, as others have said.

Premium Features