• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rush 800 mods? Long Tracks?

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Anyone done a 800 mod? What about an ez-ryde or holz long track? Seriously thinking about building a new sled.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Wait a year... You'll see that in 2011 already built...

Otherwise... plan on tearing off min $15,000..
Buy the rush.... try to sell the rear end, new narrow front end, new shocks, tunnel, new skid, track etc...

Sumpin to chew on till then....

RushRMK.jpg

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
I'm willing to bet if this becomes the new Mountain chassis there will be no radiator due to the rear coolers in the tunnel (like the IQ Raw). The purpose to the radiator in the rush is most likely due to the shortened tunnel for the suspension, so the open radiator is necessary for cooling.

Didn't know the flatlanders had to worry about sticks on groomed trails.:D

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
I'm willing to bet if this becomes the new Mountain chassis there will be no radiator due to the rear coolers in the tunnel (like the IQ Raw). The purpose to the radiator in the rush is most likely due to the shortened tunnel for the suspension, so the open radiator is necessary for cooling.

dont ride trails and dont ride here in nebraska

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
not to mention the radiator is open and exposed on the front?
would you be afraid of a stick jammed in there?

At the snowshoot this year Polaris let us kick the front heat exchanger as hard as we could... didn't even dent it. It isn't a radiator with flimsy fins, it's more like a junk of alum with stout fins stuck on it.

sled_guy

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I realy don't care about that stuff. I could build it in my shop and i might start it in october when i get a rather large check.

My build would be stock a-arms and width (i jump a lot and i am used to a 45" stance)

C/A Pro Skis
custom tunnle extenion or get vanamberg to send me a tunnle and i could make it work
800 EFI with boyseen reeds and high comp head, custom air box, custom pips :rolleyes:
Boondocker nitrous system
Ez-Ryde rear suspension 153" with fox zeropro shocks
attack 20 track
MMP 8" big wheel kit
FLY carbon rapped bars
Octain Addictions Rap
Fox Evol X ski shocks

Things i don't know

Will a 800 fit?
Who could i get to build my pipe?
Other than that, the rest of it i can make work. :cool:

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
At the snowshoot this year Polaris let us kick the front heat exchanger as hard as we could... didn't even dent it. It isn't a radiator with flimsy fins, it's more like a junk of alum with stout fins stuck on it.

sled_guy

you should have hauled out a hammer and gave it a whack as hard as you could

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
They are the same basic bulkhead. You would be money ahead to put the new plastics on it and new tunnel on your IQR. The money you saved could be put to turbo power.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The Rush bulkhead, steering hoop and steering are actually VERY different from the RAW. The Cast bulkhead and Pyramidal steering hoop are Much more ridgid.

The jackshaft sits a little lower in the Rush, but I think that the same 8.37" center-to-center [jack/drive shafts] length is used ... which equals a "factory D&R" compared to the RAW... the brake rotor had to get moved to the outside of the chaincase in order to drop the jackshaft closer to the chassis without cutting into the bulkhead.

attachment.php

The Rush plastics wouldn't fit on the RAW very easily... not without HUGE amounts of mods and moving things around.

The RUSH is more narrrow through the sidepanels, which tilt inward.

attachment.php
attachment.php

A "Rush Style" RMK would feel different than a RAW RMK and I'd bet it would weigh a good 30-40 lbs less than the RAW (just like the IQR mountain mods do). The Rush remains relatively light even with that heavy rear skid, massive muffler and other stuff on it that would get pared down for a mountain sled.

For the Mtn sleds, the front Rad would be deleted and I'm sure a more powder compatible bumper design would be included.

I'll bet that the fuel tank will be more centralized on the sled much in the way that the RUSH is... this may translate to a more ballanced feel (like the Cats that carry their fuel mass closer to the steering post)

I'll bet that the 2011 Dragon realease will be in the 440 lb or less weight category which will be pretty stellar.

The added rigidity of the bulkhead and Pyramid will translate to something you actually feel.

Can't wait to see/ride it.

I'm also anxious to see the new Polaris Racer that will Debut at Haydays in Sept!!

Polaris Rush Proride 2010 (4).jpg Rush-twinspar-hood-removed.jpg Rush Chassis bare.jpg

Last edited:

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin

C'mon now, just cause we live in the flatlands, doesn't mean we just ride trails.:)

Dec 19-20-21 034 (Small).jpg

Premium Features