• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RT 1000 carb turbo conversions

G
Apr 23, 2008
OK, there is an interest in this so I am going to release some systems COMPLETE !! ONLY>>

the complete system will require the bottom end to be shipped for some reliability updates, motor mounts, carbs reeds and boots, TURBO exhaust pipe for this application only ! FULL complete ignition system and wiring harness.

This is a full kit NOT availible in any other configuration or in parts ..SORRY.

full system price will be around $3200 . (for existing turbo set ups only )

With turbo/airbox/ aftercooler and all of above. $6000.
I will only produce what I have orders AND deposits for.
Gus

Last edited:
G

G_dub

Dec 14, 2008
Downtown Boise, ID
Hmmm very interested in this idea with using my existing 1000 motor but in a different chassis. wanting to ditch the fuel injection and go to carbs due to the ease of the retrofit into a different chassis. I think a PM might be in order.

G

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
whats wrong with the fuel injection ive seen this idea more than once sounds a lot more complicated then just using the fuel injection plus its a lot cheaper then buying a bunch of old technology.

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
im not so sure the fuel injection system can work with high boost levels?

G
Apr 23, 2008
As it stands ,, the SDI system, doesn't have the ability to fuel and wash the intake side correctly. The cranktrain failures were directly caused by lack of fuel /oil vapor in the bottom end.

I will build throttle body injected trail turbos on the mach z but not going to chase the ( worked on the dyno ) sytems that continue to fail in the field,,

One thing you won't see is a thread about the carbed mach back up and running again,, they don't have mystery electrical system /fuel system failures..lol

Again, in a full on promod sleds like the ones I build, the SDI is useless.

carbs are simple, cheap and the ignition options from the race shop for the doo's is endless and cheap too,,75 to recurve any way you please.

REMEMBER,, Top fuel ,, funny car,,??? hows the efi work for them ???

At present, we are running 30 psi and running over 145 mph @ 660'..

bring the SDI sleds to the mach shootout and see how they do against my old technology..!!! LOL:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

converting the mach to carbs and race ignition is the best way to go turbo racing ,, no down time, no RFI issues and no tow cart for the 50 pound battery..lol

Gus

G
Apr 23, 2008
Steve will be at the caddilac winterfest Saturday, then the goldenchild race here in vermont in 2 weeks.

its a learning curve to drive with this much smoke !

Gus

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
So 30 PSI? How much horsepower do you have? What turbo are you running? So if you are running 30 psi on your turbo then you at least have to be running 30 psi of fuel pressure, how do the needle and seats like that? Mach shootout isn't that a short track drag race, how about we race up a hill?

Last edited:
I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
ive been riding skidoos for the past ten years and i have never seen or heard of there being a problem with the intake side always the exhaust side, as for the dyno it is pretty easy to get dyno results in a controlled atmosphere where there is no elevation change, temperature, air density, and load on the motor, as far as the carbed mach post you have to have one running before you can blow it up lol top fuel would use fuel injection if they were allowed i hope i dont have to explain that one and let me guess you lower your port timing

Premium Features