• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding Rabbit Ears this weekend - could be epic?

G

Goose Man

Feb 16, 2011
Dakota Dunes, SD
First trip to Rabbit Ears. I'm going with another rider that has some experience in the area and another that doesn't. I'd appreciate any suggestions for good riding areas. If anyone is willing to provide some GPS coordinates that would be really helpful. Feel free to send me a private message if you don't want to post them publicly. Looking to find some of that wide-open high ground and some great boondocking.

If it makes a difference I'm planning on showing my boys and their Yamaha's why the 2011 Polaris Assault is KING of the backcountry. I'll be posting ContourHD video of the abuse, and possiblly my need for additional skills to keep up with my big mouth, on the Snowest Forum. I love the smell of 2-stroke in the morning. Smells like...victory!

We will be riding Friday March 11th through Sunday March 13th. Anyone interested in mixing it up feel free to post or message me. We are coming from out of state, which seems to rub some people the wrong way, but we live to ride and this will be the highlight of season.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
I would never ride RE without a plan B, for if they haven't had recent snow. If you don't know how to find the pow, then you might just as well be riding a groomed trail/Jones Pass. It is so over-used that the average flatlander is never going to find the pow.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Thats funny I always find good snow when I ride Jones!!!!:face-icon-small-win

Yep, and 10 minutes later the place is tracked up and done. Unless your that short little jumper dude and you just ride in circles all day hitting booters. :face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-win

snowman557

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
Was wondering what rabbitt ears looked like for this weekend:face-icon-small-dis Thanks

Premium Features