• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Remembering Animal....continued!

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
Kev and I had an amazing trip to Fairview today. We weren't sure where to go until last night, but when he mentioned Fairview it just made sense. Here are some pics of our day and the purpose for going! Thanks Kev!!! :face-icon-small-coo
Animal Bowl
AnimalBowl.jpg

AnimalBowl2.jpg

Looking up to the trees where the slide occurred
DSCN0276.jpg

Animal tracks leading into the exact area....
DSCN0278.jpg

DSCN0284.jpg

We secured the hood and placed a temporary memorial plaque
DSCN0280.jpg

The temporary plaque....thanks for the words Jed, with minor modifications
DSCN0283.jpg

Last edited:
K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Very powerful day! Dave loved sledding and he surely loved his friends...But the two pale for the love of his family, I never had so much as a quick little jab that he didnt tell me something his girls just did. What a great dad. We all enjoy things in our spare time that have grave potential, I hope as we are out there chasing the adrenaline we always remember what we have to go home to. What a beautiful place we live in!

R

RMKED

Jan 31, 2010
Woods Cross, Utah
www.ksl.com
That is an awesome tribute to Dave. Makes me wish even more that I had meet him. If he was anything like you all say he was, those kind of people rarely come along and touch as many lives as he has in such a positive way.
Thanks for posting the pictures!

Chief

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
SL,UT
Wish I could have been with you.

Have you any plans for the permanent memorial yet? The same image and words etched into a plaque?

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
It's been 5 years already? It just doesn't seem like it.

Kim that is an awesome tribute.
I'm happy to see that.

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
I am hopeful to have any of Dave's friends, and especially family, who are interested in helping finalize the words and any engravings on a plaque get together soon.....maybe a dinner?? Once the plaque is made we can plan a formal memorial tribute and trek to the area, with any an all invited to hang the plaque.

As Doug said, this is a very special place and yesterday was an experience beyond words....one I will not forget!

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Kim dont take this wrong, but I figured out another reason why we should do everything possible to be safe...Listening to the gruesome details of the death of my buddy, being told to me by one of my best buds. Realizing to this day the vivid memory Kimbro has of that day. My brother my heart pained as i listened to what happened. I am lucky my memories of Dave are ALL pleasant, what you folks went thru on the mountain no one should. I realize Im a half bubble of plumb, but I dont care who you are that stuff stays with a feller. My good buddy died when was 17 he was crushed by a load of drill pipe if you dont know what that is GOOD FOR YOU! Anyway his ma insisted on a open casket, bad idea. Of all the crazy farm boy $hit and good times we had...all I remember is his black and blue deformed face. To all of you who were there I am truly sorry for what happened to you.

W

WXNic

Dec 8, 2007
bountiful
always a tough day. glad you could do it. it seems to be a great therapy for you guys as well.

Premium Features