• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ram outsells Silverado in March

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
That's a reach to declare any victories, 1st month in 15 YEARS to outsell Chevy, and by less than 300 trucks....every squirrel gets a nut every now and then! Dodge got spanked by over 16,000 trucks if you include GMC. :face-icon-small-win

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
The RAM is considered by the US government to be a foreign made vehicle, because it has less than 70% American made parts and is owned by a foreign company. The GMC/Chevrolet crew cab is made in Mexico. Ford did not ask for a bail out from me. My Ford is made here, just like my PRO RMK. $.02

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
The RAM is considered by the US government to be a foreign made vehicle, because it has less than 70% American made parts and is owned by a foreign company. The GMC/Chevrolet crew cab is made in Mexico. Ford did not ask for a bail out from me. My Ford is made here, just like my PRO RMK. $.02

GMC/Chevrolet 2500's are all made in the states. Ford has plants world wide, including Mexico, just like any major manufacturer, it's part of being competitive and our Government driving them elsewhere. I remember when Ford trucks were made back home in St Paul Minnesota, the plant is now closed. Made in USA is becoming a stretch for almost any product including your RMK (check out your electronics).
Flint Assembly

Flint-Assembly-300x205.jpg

• Location: G 3100 Vanslyke Road. Flint, Michigan, 48551 United States
  • Production since: 1947
  • Facility size: 3.7 million on 159 acres
  • Current activity: Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra, Silverado and Sierra Heavy Duty

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Ford took bail out money before it was called that:face-icon-small-win
yeah there mexican as well and european..ya can't tell me an american engineer thought taking cabs off for service was a good idea!!
That's as azzclown as it gets:face-icon-small-dis

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Ford did not ask for a bail out from me. My Ford is made here, just like my PRO RMK.

I find it funny that the Ford guys think that they didn't get any bailout money. Ford received low cost (meaning that there was little to no interest) bailout money in 2008 before we heard the label "bail out". Go Google it to get the details. People who say they wouldn't buy a GM or Chrysler product because they got federal help, and would instead buy a Ford product are morons. Maybe I'm being harsh and you just don't have the information. But now that you do, what will you buy? The GM situation actually went very well. The jobs that were saved alone was a win. The fact that GM has paid back most of the money on time is another win. At least GM's money came from within America. My biggest complaint is that the auto union wasn't abolished but considering the politics involved I'm not surprised.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I'm not a GM fanboy, but that is total propaganda. GM sells more cars to the Chinese than any other auto maker. Good, it's about time the Chinese buy something from America. Ford is trying to do the same thing. Who wouldn't want that cash cow? It's also part of what got GM out of debt from American tax dollars.

Let's not be fools in this modern age of the auto industry. American cars are made and sold all over the world. At least the money comes back to an American company. Japanese, German, etc cars might be built in the US but the money goes back to a foreign market.

Anyway, we all have choices to buy whatever we want. We have a GMC and a Ford in our household. Both good cars. Next car might be a Buick Enclave or Jeep Grand Cherokee.

P

peterg

Dec 21, 2010
Watrous Sk.
GM repayed the loan if you can call it that, they remortgaged still deep in debt just to someone else now!! Just my .02.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
We have a GMC and a Ford in our household. Both good cars. Next car might be a Buick Enclave or Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Is that allowable? :noidea: That's like having an Arctic Cat and Polaris in your garage and your next sled might be a Ski Doo or Yamaha. According to 99.9% of the posts on here, that's not ok! :nono:

XtDoo

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Pearl City Illinois
profits

Last year was the best market for autos in the last 10 years.
Fiat-Chrysler saw profits grow by 118%
Ford saw profits grow by 26%
GM saw profits decline 14% despite the launch of a new truck and the corvette.

Just shows how the Government and unions can run an auto company

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
That's a reach to declare any victories, 1st month in 15 YEARS to outsell Chevy, and by less than 300 trucks....every squirrel gets a nut every now and then! Dodge got spanked by over 16,000 trucks if you include GMC. :face-icon-small-win

I just thought it would have been unthinkable the Chev could have a brand new interior & exterior along with chassis & driveline improvements..........and the still get beat up by freaking Ram!

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Ford sold out to private Chinese investors. That's how they "avoided" their bailout. They were attending the bailout meetings and they took Chinese money instead.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Ford sold out to private Chinese investors. That's how they "avoided" their bailout. They were attending the bailout meetings and they took Chinese money instead.

Indirectly, so did the other two. From what I hear China is funding much of the US financial operations... B.O. just got to be the middle man

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Indirectly, so did the other two. From what I hear China is funding much of the US financial operations... B.O. just got to be the middle man

Not at all. The American people funded the other two.

Russia is the largest holder to American debt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
From what I hear China is funding much of the US financial operations...

And they still accept millions in free US $ aid annually to supposedly take care of their people. This "free" aid money is not subtracted from our government debt. Anybody give their bank free aid money on top of their loan payment? Unthinkable!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I just thought it would have been unthinkable the Chev could have a brand new interior & exterior along with chassis & driveline improvements..........and the still get beat up by freaking Ram!

It's too early to make that case. The GM HD truck really hasn't hit the market and the 6.2 gasser motor took forever to get out. I blame GM for always being late to the show. But, I think this next year will be a telling tale. If Dodge and Ford still hold the lead after this coming year, I'll tip my hat to them.

Premium Features