• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quick Drive/Dealer Q's

Iowa__Freeriders

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2010
NW Iowa
:beer;Hey guys looking for a couple answers today and I thought this is where I should start.

sled is a 2015 Pro 800 155" with 198 miles on it. hit a tree at 62 miles in togwotee kinked the tunnel left side footwell.
ended up fixing-arm damage and left the tunnel as is.
riding back in iowa at 198 miles bottom drive belt bolt snapped around 10mph.
it is in for warranty right now they have the rear skid out and new pulleys etc coming Monday. fixing the tunnel with the bracing kit tmr (while its torn apart, bad idea?)

SO, my question is, will my Polaris dealer replace the quick drive bolts with 10.9 or will they be sent factory 8.8 bolts? I know and see everyone is replacing them with 10.9's so should I tell my dealer to do so?
they always seem out of the loop on things (knew nothing about the dragon 800 problems. rebuilt a guys 4 times before I told them about MTNKT)
any info, personal experinces and knowledge is appreciated!

Iowa__Freeriders

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2010
NW Iowa
Schuelkes Polaris, ok i think they will understand if i ask them to put 10.9 bolts that i supply. shouldnt void any warranty etc. should it?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Polaris is only supplying the 8.8. I think everyone I know and ride with has broken the factory 8.8 within 400 miles, mine broke at about 200. I would let them repair as directed, when you get it home replace with a 10.9 torqued to about 40 ft/lbs. I don't know of any 10.9's that have failed that were torqued properly.

C
Dec 24, 2014
Polaris is only supplying the 8.8. I think everyone I know and ride with has broken the factory 8.8 within 400 miles, mine broke at about 200. I would let them repair as directed, when you get it home replace with a 10.9 torqued to about 40 ft/lbs. I don't know of any 10.9's that have failed that were torqued properly.

I think there has been a 10.9 failure on a lower pulley of a 15 this season. I remember reading about one here. That one had pretty poor spline fit if I recall.

B
Dec 3, 2007
Rogers, MN
Sounds like the safest approach is to just buy a 5-pack of the ARP 10.9 bolts and change them annually.

I can see how if the pulley isn't solid on the shaft it could constantly be tipping against the bolt head on every rotation. That continual pressure would work to fatigue the bolt head.

Rob

Iowa__Freeriders

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2010
NW Iowa
BigBlueEdge - do you know the part number and length of the arp bolts? parts are finally in so i hope to get it back together and back on the snow before my next trips

Iowa__Freeriders

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2010
NW Iowa
so tedd unlimited is where I ordered the bracing kit from and they called me today saying its "lost" and neither tedd unlimited nor UPS can find it. anyone know where to order one fast at? have a trip in 2 weeks and need to straiten tunnel still and brace it :clock:

Premium Features