• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

polaris engine options...

M
May 19, 2009
Hey guys... noobe here.

I just picked up an 07 Polaris 600 with a blown motor. I have a wrecked 08 skidoo 800.

I guess I am looking for advice on trying to drop the doo 800 motor in to the polaris chassis...

Anyone got any thoughts!?

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Hey guys... noobe here.

I just picked up an 07 Polaris 600 with a blown motor. I have a wrecked 08 skidoo 800.

I guess I am looking for advice on trying to drop the doo 800 motor in to the polaris chassis...

I don't think it would be worth the headaches.

Consider this option, sell the Ski-Doo engine, buy a used 600 POLARIS engine, probably close to the same $$ you sold the Ski-Doo engine & parts for.

For example, (not a bolt in for your 2007 600, just for price comparison) Used 2003 800 was on www.hardcoresledder.com asking $1000.00 or best offer

Hope this helps.

M
May 19, 2009
well, I am really liking the idea of the transplant because I really like the looks of the polaris and their drive train, but lets be real... skidoo's got them hands down when it comes to the motor, power, and reliability.

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
No thats really not correct. Skidoo has them hands down in the chassis, motor and drivetrain they are a long ways behind. Your doo is likely to explode, break the driveshaft, have its electronics take a crap on you, clutch wear out, among other issues. If you like the Polaris, either fix the polaris motor or get another that you can drop in. How bout putting a 700 or 800 poo in it?? That would be a better choice.

The other issue is that your Doo mounts entirely different than your poo. Not worth the headaches to wedge a Doo motor in a Pol. If it was a cat motor, maybe.

Are you interested in selling your Doo at all? I would be interested in it possibly, that would give you the coin to do your project with Polaris running gear. I am 99 percent sure everyone else on here will tell you the same thing.

Jake

There is possibilities.. If you got the right alignment tool for the clutch secondary the transfer is extremely possible. I've transplanted various motors into all kinds of chassis all my life. as long as your clutch and secondary match so the belt rides correctly it'll work just fine. The only problem you'll have is finding the right sized belt, which any local dealer would most likely help you find a match if you took the sled to their shop so you could try on different belts. The key is using the mount plate out of the chassis you want to put the new motor in. All you gotta do is strip the mount plate off the poo and align the doo motor with your secondary. Next draw an outline of the base of your Doo motor onto your Poo mount plate with a sharpie. Measure hole centers on the bottom of your Doo motor and map out where the new holes need to be drilled on the poo mount. Drill the holes, bolt er down, and your good to go. The critical part is making sure that you Doo clutch is aligned with your poo secondary. Its totally doable and if you run into any problems just send me a message.

Jan 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
There is possibilities.. If you got the right alignment tool for the clutch secondary the transfer is extremely possible. I've transplanted various motors into all kinds of chassis all my life. as long as your clutch and secondary match so the belt rides correctly it'll work just fine. The only problem you'll have is finding the right sized belt, which any local dealer would most likely help you find a match if you took the sled to their shop so you could try on different belts. The key is using the mount plate out of the chassis you want to put the new motor in. All you gotta do is strip the mount plate off the poo and align the doo motor with your secondary. Next draw an outline of the base of your Doo motor onto your Poo mount plate with a sharpie. Measure hole centers on the bottom of your Doo motor and map out where the new holes need to be drilled on the poo mount. Drill the holes, bolt er down, and your good to go. The critical part is making sure that you Doo clutch is aligned with your poo secondary. Its totally doable and if you run into any problems just send me a message.
that sounds good..... it should be a good machine..... i as well like the polaris but the motor has to be fix.... doo motor rocks....

B
Dec 3, 2008
Yeah,I love to see pics as well!

I love "Out of the box" innovation. no matter how .... uhhh.... unwise it may be! haha

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
Hey guys... noobe here.

Wrecked 800 xp????

Hit and run with a pinecone?

I'm actually going to transpland some odd ended motor i find here pretty soon into my mod genII chassis.. I don't know what motor due to my limited fundage, you 600 sounds nice though if your interested in dumping it... i'll rebuild it myself. But i'll post up some pics on how i did my engine swap to give you a better idea of whats happenin when putting off brand motors in other sleds...

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
How bads the 600? I have a 07 727 kit ( cylinders, pistons ,head , pipe , can and the bored out case with waterpump seal in excellent condition )that will rock most Doo's only thing is it can't be run below 3000 ft, I need the scratch to do a turbo project or I'd buy your bad motor and find a race sled to lenthen out for an other project( $1800.00 for the 727)

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington

Thats all well and fine but what you are not understanding is that 08 DOO 800r and POO motors mount TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!!! The Doo uses big side mounts while the Polaris is a plate mount. BIG DIFFERENCE!! VERY DIFFICULT swap. Not trying to be a downer but dude, this is where your better judgement needs to be used. This isnt like swapping motors in sleds of years passed. Really look at the two motors before you launch into this and make sure you have a plan.

Thats all well and fine but what you are not understanding is that 08 DOO 800r and POO motors mount TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!!! The Doo uses big side mounts while the Polaris is a plate mount. BIG DIFFERENCE!! VERY DIFFICULT swap. Not trying to be a downer but dude, this is where your better judgement needs to be used. This isnt like swapping motors in sleds of years passed. Really look at the two motors before you launch into this and make sure you have a plan.

I'd have to agree on this one. I toled across the road today to the Bear River lodge and they are sellin 4 800 Everest XP's.. Figured i'd pop a panel and see whats up and to my surprise, there was no friggin motor mount whatsoever, the dang motor mounts to the side of the bulkhead!!! wtf? sorry to misdlead you muxedupguy, like I said I haven'r been able to afford andything new EVER so I've never seen these new XP's much.. My brother's 07' rev is the same damn thing as they have ever been though, these changes must have gone into effect recently?????? Sorry man, i thought i knew...

Premium Features