• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris axys issues, dies when using throttle (movie)

R

Robk

Jan 1, 2013
Sounds like the throttle safety switch...You probably have some ice stuck in the throttle not allowing it to pivot in the slot. Hit the handlebar a few times or try to free the ice out of the elongated slot.

A
Mar 14, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
Agreed on throttle safety switch. Grab the throttle flipper and force it to move in the elongated slot to break up ice in there. Mine did same thing a few days ago.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Throttle safety switch! My sled threw 126 stuck throttle codes. Couldn't get my sled to move today in the Togwotee lodge parking lot, my sled has cut out randomly from day 1. I gutted the TSS and taped it back together, didn't cut out once all day and absolutely ripped. Keep in mind if you gut it and your throttle sticks and you don't have a tether I hope you have full coverage... Do at your own risk.

Powderforlife907

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2011
Mine did something similar but wouldn't idle too... Taped/Zip Tied the TSS and was good to go.

C
Dec 24, 2014
Instead of a rush to disable the safety switch, maybe you guys should try adjusting the throttle cable... They stretch from new and need to be tightened.

If you haven't done this, you probably haven't checked your track tension either. That stretches too and needs adjustment.

Hard to blame the sled for maintenance you didn't do IMO...

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Instead of a rush to disable the safety switch, maybe you guys should try adjusting the throttle cable... They stretch from new and need to be tightened.

If you haven't done this, you probably haven't checked your track tension either. That stretches too and needs adjustment.

I've messed with throttle cable tension since day 1. Finally had enough and after it would die out after giving it throttle I had it hooked up to digital wrench and I gutted it.

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Would the engine light go on with the TSS?

One of mine was doing this and it was related to the exhaust valve motor.

Take it to the dealer. They will hook it up to the computer and read the code that is causing the engine light to go on. They will take care of you.

Last edited:
S
Sep 14, 2010
where ever I am
Same problem, there is either a defect in the TSS or Throttle block, was able to get mine to run ok while at Revy by cutting pieces of tyraps inserted in the interside of the throttle block thus forcing more compression on the switch. Going back to the dealer Tuesday.

Thanks for the Help tree-magnet for the help.

rrjames

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2012
Missoula, MT
X2 on you taking it to your dealer. It's under warranty. You can get a million people on there telling you what it is and maybe being right or the dealer reading the code. I know which I would choose.

teeroy

Lifetime Membership

I've messed with throttle cable tension since day 1. Finally had enough and after it would die out after giving it throttle I had it hooked up to digital wrench and I gutted it.

looks like he did do the maintenance. is CO Powder a dickhead to everyone that has grief with a polaris? I thought the 'doo guys were a little fanatical....sheesh.

Powderforlife907

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2011

I had around 5 miles on my sled when it happened... Didnt even get to ride the sled in powder before it failed. Tried adjusting the throttle cable just in case and it didn't fix it. Only thing that fixed it was taping and zip tying it.

hunt_ak

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 15, 2009
Wasilla, AK
Thread dredge but I just had this exact issue on a 2016 SKS. Fixed and will be deleting TSS/adding tether. Thanks for the vid, it exactly replicated my problem.

Premium Features