• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys kills when turning.

J
Sep 25, 2020
2016 Axys killed when turning. I pulled onto the road and as soon as i started to turn the handlebars the sled started to die. As soon as I turned it straight the engine came back to life, eventually it died and just did not start again. Any ideas what the problem could be with this? It has also had a flooding issue as well, but this didn't seem to have anything to do with that.

J
Sep 25, 2020
check cables, throttle cable etc.. to see if something is pulling too hard when turning
It was literally like a 4 inch movement, but I got home today and it started first pull. Didn't kill when cranking the steering to either side, but the kill switch didn't shut the sled off either. So I'm going to assume something is wrong in that area.

P
Apr 5, 2019
La pine, Or
Throttle cable is too tight. Use a credit card to set the gap between throttle block and throttle lever. Loosen the cable inside the rubber boot in front of handlebar.

If not that then a short in the wire from throttle block to main harness. Take hood off and you’ll see a Velcroed pouch under handlebars in front of tank. Trace the wires and inspect.

Premium Features