• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 850 turbo. Who’s running what ?

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Is anyone else running the MTN Tek?
Do they run good?
Had a sidekick on my 800 but I'm thinking MTNTEk on the 850 so I can keep the E-start in place.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I have a Silber kit on my 20’ 850 khaos 163. Run 5-7 lbs. it runs very good now with the second ECU reflash and TRS clutching at 8500rpm.
i have a buddy who has a 20’ 163 850 RMK with a boondocker sidekick. It runs very well too. Both sleds have the same track, qd gears and drivers. Run almost identical at 10,000 feet on 7 lbs.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I have a Silber kit on my 20’ 850 khaos 163. Run 5-7 lbs. it runs very good now with the second ECU reflash and TRS clutching at 8500rpm.
i have a buddy who has a 20’ 163 850 RMK with a boondocker sidekick. It runs very well too. Both sleds have the same track, qd gears and drivers. Run almost identical at 10,000 feet on 7 lbs.

Are you running the Silber intercooler? Was wondering how it would work.

A
Dec 23, 2018
That's not what I was hoping to hear LOL!

Do you have any specific info on this?

Yes have talked to multiple people with them and they didn’t stay together. I was a big fan of the MTNTK 800’s but not taking chances.

I have got to try a BD 850 it pulled hard was turned up way more then I personally would have I like more rippy bottom end but it was crazy fast.

Tried the 850 silber and it worked good was clean and crisp

Also tried the 850 Redline turbo and man it pulled hard like really hard at 5 psi and bottom end was fast very crisp and responsive and clutching wasn’t even done at this point. It definitely had the best bottom end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
"Has anyone ever seen or been on a Force turbo Polaris 850"

I test drove the factory 850 sled above Herber City this winter. My buddy has one on his '19 800.
Super friendly guys and great looking hardware but I will NOT be buying a Force for my 850.
I'm not going to bash on them but I don't feel they have the experience, volume, or simplicity some of the others have.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Isn't force turbos bryce Kennedy? If it is, he has been doing turboes for years. Him and probably Brad story. Probably while the others were still in diapers. Might not have the volume or dollars that boondockers does but he knows how to build a kit. Buddy had a kit of his on a doo and it ran great. Also was told his customer service is top notch.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Yes, Force is Byrce Kennedy. Changed the name to Force a couple years ago when he took on a new partner. Bryce was doing turbos back when Boondockers was only nitrous. The new 850 turbo has what's called the Velocity Control System. I don't know much about it and it doesn't say much on their website. But I think it controls intake and exhaust gas similar to what ski doos does on their factory turbo to greatly improve bottom end. If anyone knows how the VCS works or exactly what it does, Id like to know.

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Yes, Force is Byrce Kennedy. Changed the name to Force a couple years ago when he took on a new partner. Bryce was doing turbos back when Boondockers was only nitrous. The new 850 turbo has what's called the Velocity Control System. I don't know much about it and it doesn't say much on their website. But I think it controls intake and exhaust gas similar to what ski doos does on their factory turbo to greatly improve bottom end. If anyone knows how the VCS works or exactly what it does, Id like to know.
[/URL]

This is pure speculation on my part BUT
Picture a valve that is driven by an electronic solenoid that totally bypasses the turbo until you hit a preset rpm, like 4-5000. Then the brain tells the valve to open and dumps all that volume through the patiently waiting turbo. Put a similar valve in the air intake so you aren't sucking through a bypassed turbo but then opens when the turbo comes on.
In theory, your bottom end is 100% stock intake and exhaust(other than a can) so you have truly 0 turbo lag......In theory.

This is what my earlier post about simplicity was referencing. This system may have 2 bypass valves, solenoids, control rods, wiring, ect.

I feel it may actually be the future of 2 stroke turbos but I personally don't want my purchase to end up being part of the R&D team trying to get it dialed.

Also, I don't want to pay extra to get the recommended clutching, a boost gauge, an afr gauge, ect.

I want a simply plug and play turbo with nothing to look at or adjust up on the hill.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

93091B2A-8ECD-401D-A450-27B33D7AD609.jpeg3E8B23B2-D405-4139-BE0B-47B95F0C6A06.jpeg8D394BF2-020D-4339-81A4-936722186F93.jpeg473C4A71-97E9-432E-A633-2F7F8C08D245.jpeg
looks pretty clean.
I’d try one if I didn’t already have a flawless running 800ho silber. (Khaos shocks and setup)

without a new chassis I don’t see a reason to spend the big bucks.

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
I have a 2020 850 with a BD Agility, water-to-air innercooler, set at 9.5psi at 5k feet, riding from 7k - 10,500. I'm running 100% 100LL fuel, stock head, BD premium clutching, Kurts gear down kit and a 163 X3 track on Avid's. I've had some excellent running BD 800 kits too running similar setups, but at higher set boost.

The new Agility setup is very clean and the power is awesome! I had the first high-boost kit with innercooler and was able to tune the sled with the BD team. I ride with three other buddies running the same kit. The only issue's I've had is a resistor that went out in my muffler temp sensor and was reading 400 degree's hotter than actual. I've also noticed that the primary springs seem to fade a bit earlier than what I experienced in the 800's. I've been very pleased with the run-ability of this setup and the power is awesome.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I haven't heard of Force before and hate the peaky feel of a turbo. If a supercharger was available that was tuned and worked I would buy it.
But that is what I've been looking for .. and low elevation you just turn it off . Definitely ordering one.

Premium Features