• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Poker Run Valentine's Day!

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Hey if you are in the area or heading over Grand Mesa way, the North Fork Snowmobile Club will be having a poker run on Black Mesa on Saturday February 14th! The run will start at the Crystal Creek trailhead (about 15 minutes south of Crawford south and east of Grand Mesa) at 9 a.m. Last hand will be sold at noon at the trailhead. The ride goes across the Mesa to Black Mesa Lodge. Last hand will be drawn at the lodge at 1 p.m.
Hands are $10 each and you can purchase as many as you want. The lodge will be putting on a buffet lunch (usually costs about $10) with plenty of cold beer for sale to wash it down! It's a 50% payout with money going to 1st through 4th and last place! ( you'd be surprised how hard it is to draw low hand). The other 50% of the money is kept by the club to help fund their grooming program. Top payout is usually a couple hundred bucks and there's always a bunch of good door prizes too! You can check out the North Fork Snowmobile Club on Facebook and you can visit the Colorado Snowmobile Association website for maps.

Come have some fun with some good people and help support one of our local clubs!

Agh!!! As of this morning things are looking bad to be able to host this event! The trailhead has melted out and there may not be a way to get to the snow. Supposedly there is 5 miles of mud between the parking lot and the snowpack. This winter sucks.

Last edited:

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
ON HOLD

This event is on hold until the club can come up with some solutions. The trailhead has allegedly melted out. It is mud from the parking lot up 5 miles to the snow. That's what we've heard anyway. We're supposed to get a small storm this week but who knows.

This winter sucks.

D

doudea

Sep 20, 2009
Western Slope
Thanks for the update.

It was stupid warm all weekend, so far this is the worst winter I can remember for snow levels.

I know nobody likes a pessimist, but this weather for February is silly. I was all amped to snow check a new sled, but it's hard to get excited with the winter were having.

I guess I'll go wash the truck again.

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Received word today from the Delta SnoKrusers that the North Fork club has officially cancelled the poker run due to the mud and lack of snow up to Black Mesa Lodge. The information is believed credible because the clubs work together a lot.

Premium Features