• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

please. I need ideas for my m7 problem

Shane23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
I just tested the stator and came up with this
ignition timing sensor - 104
charge coils - 12.5 & 17.4
lighting coil - .3
injection coil- 19.4
fuel pump - 2.2

the ignition timing sensor is way low and so is one of the charge coils. but I've never dealt with a stator so i don't know what to make of this.

also I spun the power valves 180 and there was no change.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
The power valves upside down can come in contact with the piston which is very bad. When you check compression are you having someone hold it wide open when you pull it over?

vinpie1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2009
Gunnison, Co
Check your motor mounts. They like to crack and blow out between the webbing. The mag side is the one that goes bad quickly. Its right behind the exhaust can

Last edited:

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Buddies m7 just up and died last weekend, lost spark, we ohmd everything and the only thing out of spec was the ignition timing sensor so he has one of them on the way. Hopefully it'll fix it, he said the last ride before the one it died on it was running like crap and would randomly not pull rpms.

Shane23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
I saw a post from rktech stating that the powervalves will not contact the postings on the m7. looking in the exhaust ports, I don't see any signs of impact.

I don't see any tears in the mirror mounts.

it looks like it's common for the ignition timing to be that low. let me know if that fixes your buddies sled. I'm just sick of throwing money at this. I'm going to check the fuel pressure. I'm thinking it might be fuel related considering the plus are black and dry

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Buddy finally got his timing sensor installed and no dice, he said sled fired the first couple pulls then no spark. Were thinkin stator is probably the culprit.

Shane23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
thanks for the reply Vern.

no luck yet.I've pretty much written off this session and haven't really touched it. I'm going to dig back into it tomorrow.

Premium Features