• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

P-22 Clutch Available for other sleds other than the Boost?

H
May 20, 2013
Is the P-22 clutch available as an option to purchase from Polaris? It comes standard in the Boost model, I would like to put it in the Pro RMK Slash 165.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
You will probably be able to buy it in the fall. If you really want it, I would have your dealer order you one now. During the spring order period, dealers order all the accessory and parts for the next season at a discount. These o pop arts usually show up early in the fall. I would have the dealer you snow checked from put an order in for you now. I’m sure they will be a hot item and sell out quickly and be on back order by November.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Any idea if it would work on a 2021 Khaos 165 QD2?
I don't know for sure. I can't imagine Polaris change the crank or the secondary clutch, so Im assuming that it will work on any other 850, 800's if they have the same crank output shaft. Ill bet its pricey though.

Last edited:
C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
@Wheel House Motorsports

Can you elaborate? Mostly on the clutch question(s) I was going to call Yellowstone polaris in the- less am - than the current am.. to see if they could bug higher ups about getting me a new primary like the new new one. I figured as much that I'm on decade old junk that getting it to work would be a serious p.i.a. but what's new with me?

Not against buying an 850 long rod from indy Dan or someone else to make this happen

Also, nick and to only Nicholas ♡I need another set of your new wheels but in 9" so I can use them and, in addition to or with custom rails for ezryde x2 sets with a lift kit withx22 the added small * I want a mix of purple and TEAL anoD and of course flavored... Ice Age Manufacturing Elevate spindles , or in other words (my words be lift kit) Chaos conversion for pro/axys. Either way I'm calling to bug someone soon! Words like "need" are always a "want" but hey? It's been a while? Lol feel free to tell that one guy to look me up about his money. he blocked me from all media's and I just successfully got myself 30 days in the hole on fb again anyways I come in peace but if he wants to fight I'm not letting him win see ya on a hill near... you? Soon!
a27be9ad167d355ac4dea582722e1bd2.jpg
c000f24d8fd0afd43264781dd1a71691.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
The clutch will work taper wise, but the issue will be the weights, you can not use your weights from the P85 the width of the weight through the clutch pins is 1" wide..I would like to see what secondary they are using, if it is the Team BOSS (like the Arctic Cat) never change to that, that secondary is junk!!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
The clutch will work taper wise, but the issue will be the weights, you can not use your weights from the P85 the width of the weight through the clutch pins is 1" wide..I would like to see what secondary they are using, if it is the Team BOSS (like the Arctic Cat) never change to that, that secondary is junk!!

Team tss04 on the boost I looked at.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
So. Let's get a group buy going. I'm sure bd has weights already for side by sides. If not. I have lead.

Would love to break in this sled with a new clutch never used before
42aa00089784e18b0c4b0baca09437e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Is the diameter of the fly weight pin the same as in for example the Doo P-drive? In that case you could for example get P-drive HeelClickers, they are wider than the old P85 fly weights.

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
it will be hard to use it on anything other than a Turbo, unless they make lighter weights...the weights are totally different as they are shorter on the tip by a lot, and the pins are bigger diameter so older stock weights won't work at all..You would also need a much bigger start rate for the spring than before as the weights are not low enough and the belt is tight with the roller...I would say it would be a lot of work and really hard to make it work for any other sled... the secondary will still be the TSS-04 so thats good news!!

Premium Features