• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OVS PROPANE TURBO KIT

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
Without touching the mixture settings it fired up right away as soon as the air in the line was purged and full of liquid. This has the quiet muffler from OVS. Very happy with the start-up, no surprises:face-icon-small-ton

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
My wife is NOT going to be happy about what I just did to the yard! Holy crap. I wish I had real snow around here to actually test it out, will have to wait til tomorrow in Michigan. Travis and Garr were very helpful with pointers to get it tuned in today, I have idle mix set and mid range mixture is built in, just have to get in some good snow to do some runs and dial the high end in and start fine tuning the clutching. Once you have an idea how it works tuning fuel is dirt simple. This is unreal!

4mcntrls

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Drayton Valley Alberta
Here are some Pics of my sled, Sorry it took so long its been a busy few weeks since we got back from Huntsville with the sleds, Travis and Garr did a great job on the Builds and they have been very helpful with the tuning, these are pretty much the easiest thing to tune that I have been around.

IMG_0133.jpg IMG_0139.jpg IMG_0141.jpg IMG_0142.jpg IMG_0143.jpg

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
So envious right now you have no idea! Now that I got setup to burn AV gas it's not so bad. It's nice knowing I can steal some premium pump gas to limp it off the hill if I run empty...

I'm starting to get spoiled with the space under the stock seat of my 2010 I don't know if I'm gonna wanna part with it, but that Boss seat sure turned out nice!

4mcntrls

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Drayton Valley Alberta
I was totally impressed with the boss seat. I am having trouble getting used to the space issue but free agent hooked me up with a sweet tunnel bag. So far I still have spare room! These things run great so far

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
Ran 10 lbs all weekend at 900 ft elevation, hard to put into words right now how ridiculously awesome this thing is. I will put up some videos and details when I get the helmet cam footage into my pc and edited.

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Wow! Would never have thought you could run that much boost at such a low elevation! Nice, looking forward to the kit more and more now!

Did anyone go with the buddy tank setup and have some pics?

D

dubbs

Dec 8, 2007
Calgary ab
Ya that's funny I read the 900 about 3 times to make sure I wasn't missing a 0... LOL. Glad to hear it's working good! Looking forward to seeing some vids!

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Awww man, it's like your pouring salt in my wounds! Wish I had that setup right now! Saw your install pics, wish you could install mine! Nice work bud! Can't wait to be rockin' the propane!

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
And we had to drive 6+ hours to get there... It's not the same riding whatsoever. A total compromise to mountain riding. Hard on equipment too. Luckily for me, my loving wife is apparently letting me take not one, not two but now three trips to the mountains this year, and with a 9 mo old baby at home!!! I should have it balled up into a mess and unrecognizeable as a sled by then for sure!

Thank you Sparx, it took as much patience as anything I have ever had to wait for in my entire life. I am glad that Travis and Garr took their time to make the kit how they did, I only missed one early season trip with it, well worth the wait. Fly me out to canada and we'll get it done! :face-icon-small-hap
If all goes right I will have some really good footage in about a week.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
well.. more updates?? are they all burned down or what??

the thing sounded crisp as can be in the vid. would like to know how they are holdin up

4mcntrls

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Drayton Valley Alberta
Still Running excellent, haven't had much time to ride, I have been mostly working:( Then it had to go and rain, turned our nice snow pack into an ice pack!! More snow in the forecast!! So hopefully get some more time on it.

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
Took it out to Colorado last weekend, got it dialed in for high elevation. 10 lbs of boost works great for low elev, had it up to 17 for a pull and found the det, finally dialed it in to 15 psi at roughly 12K feet. Now I just need to get the suspension tuned in, my crossfire feels more natural underneath me, I am fighting this M more and need to take some time and get it to transfer the way I want it to.
I realized why my bbq tanks weren't going to work as easily as I thought they were. I just bought a fleet of Forklift cylinders off ebay which seem like they will work great.

More video coming soon.

A
Nov 9, 2009
propane 2011 m8 ovs

had mine out afterreplacing recoil n backfired at low elevation 2000 ft n now wont start , good compression ran for a bit afterwards acted like it was out of propane filled tanks and still wont start any ideas .

Premium Features