• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

On X Question

I

inspectorgadget

Sep 30, 2023
Maryland
OnX Backcountry, OnX, Hunt and OnX off-road are three completely separate companies. That’s the reason that they don’t merge things from one app to the other because they have full engineering teams and fully staff each one as they are completely separate entities.
Thank you for explaining that.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
OnX Backcountry, OnX, Hunt and OnX off-road are three completely separate companies. That’s the reason that they don’t merge things from one app to the other because they have full engineering teams and fully staff each one as they are completely separate entities.
JUST AS I SUSPECTED!

I

inspectorgadget

Sep 30, 2023
Maryland
On my laptop browser Off-Road Snow mode is Sled icon but on the app it is a snowflake. I received a "Special Avalanche" warning email from onX Backcountry about the extreme rating for parts of CO. Opened the Off-Road app and see it there but find it weird that the WYS area on my phone this morning indicates NO RATING for avalanche rating. Wonder what shows on Backcountry App at the same time. Maybe it is just a refresh issue?

I

inspectorgadget

Sep 30, 2023
Maryland
There will be a "Masterclass" webinar for On X Offroad 1/18. I assume this recording, like other Masterclass offerings) will eventually become available on Youtube later.

D
Mar 13, 2014
2 days ago I found myself having to ride out double in the dark and very low visibility. Didn't know the route out and wanted the easiest way possible riding double. I don't know if this is common knowledge but my onX app worked flawlessly without cell service. I checked it roughly 25 times all without service to get out.

Last edited:
C
Jan 24, 2002
Helena, MT
Off road waypoints don't share easily if your buddy has hunt.. I found that you were required to export /import if they had the hunt installed. The sled maps are generic and don't have specific trail numbers nor junctions, and not all trails included. Hunt does give land ownership off road doesn't. Starting with off-road I didn't want to loose waypoints and such but was able to export.

I went with Avenza for sledding maps, but use onx hunt for tracking and waypoint archival. Avenza free app and downloaded sled maps are GOOD . 👍

Premium Features