• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

not so new heat..

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Well kind of a new stove.I took out my old one and found one that is the same only a bit healthier...lol..
So I decided on a swap with some repairs to its nest as well with shielding and radiation improvements and new insulated pipe. These two stoves are approx twenty years old.

Putting this thread in fouled plug till Chris creates new subforum for non sled tinkering

The Old...just tired of patching it and the warping is excessive...lol...
truth be known I think the wife had been throwing water in a few times she let it get out of control...haha..

076.jpg 081.jpg

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
the stove placement although in a small room for a large stove does have the heat exit the top past the floor support into the upstairs living room and the heat is as well extracted from the room with two stove top heat generated large fans which can in high speed at 365 degrees stove top temp do close to 150 cfm each with a regular triangle door frame fan to do the final purge from the room to the lower living quarters.

We like heat from 7 am to 7 pm with out adding when we are gone and with only softwoods the larger stove is the only real option and the small room not strategically placed does pose issues that have been overcome with more consideration to shielding etc...

Yep of course a relocate of the stove would be the best option but a wife set in her ways is a pitbull one bark from biting...

more pics to come

Last edited:
Premium Features